How intense are Opeth shows?

Monster-
Perhaps I need to better explain my experience...I like to see some passion. Opeth lacked it that night. They probably would even agree with me. I really can't be sure if was even their fault. The fans were just standing listening... not doing anything. The setting was a shit hole. The people running the event sucked. Mike said he couldn't even hear himself on stage and that he didn't think they sounded very good. They only had like a 30-40 minute set. So you see... the atmosphere I'm talking about is not the kind you can make yourself.

Ewe!
sad3.gif
Sorry to hear. Nothing worse than bad representation of something you feel to be great. If you never seen or heard Opeth before, after that show would you think: a) "They weren't so great.", b) "Damn, this venue blows!" or c) "Opeth looked wasted, huh?" :lol: Where was this show, btw? There's got to be at least one lame show. Too bad you caught one!

The last time I saw them the crowd was somewhat rough, but no one wanted to hurt anyone else. I was very close to the front/middle too. And all the big tall guys take care of the crowd surfers. I don't think you have to worry about getting hurt too much, just be careful and if it gets out of hand move out of the way.

Satori

i went to see Opeth last night and was MAYBE 4 feet from the outer curcle of the moshpit. im relativly small, and as long as you move in the direction of hte pushing, you wont get hit much. i did once, but then took a few more steps over and didnt get hit. luckily there were some tall guys keeping them in the circle and my boyfriend keeping me from getting killed, but still, it wasnt that bad in pitt anyway.