A question about Opeth live...

Originally posted by metalmancpa

SOAD were really good in concert. They had a big screen behind the stage - the pictures were in tune to the music, and at times quite comical. The floor was a zoo - the venue holds 5000 people, and I think most of them were on the floor.

Their music was clean, and was a good reproduction of the album. A little too much bass, but not distorted. it just took a little away from his voice.

Good deal.

i was also at that lamours show in brooklyn , it was funny when the crowed started chanting "10 more songs" and mike just smiled.....he seemed to enjoying the crowd response alot.

Originally posted by Blackspirit
Trondheim is quite far from the Quartfestival
though... And all these lame Norwegians
can't be bothered to do the travel >:eek:)
doh! all this time i thought the festival was in trondheim! i just went to the website and now i see it was at the opposite end of the country! my cousins must've thought i was crazy. :rolleyes:

I find it kind of funny that when anyone even mentions Slipknot, that it's like some sort of disease, like the plague. It's like you have to distance yourself from them as far as possible or you're not a true metal fan, and don't appreciate real, serious music (whatever that's supposed to mean). You must also ridicule and denigrate them at every possible opportunity.

Lets be fair as much as you can be right, Slipknot bring that reaction on theirselves by they comments, if the guy considers himself a "metalhead" he could get angry at the comments they, and generally all numetal bands say.

Now if he considers himself a "MetalHead" then we are talking about another problem there....

Yeah, I was at the Atlanta show too, and it was great. Before they came on the whole crowd was chanting OPETH! OPETH! OPETH! and I got chill bumps. Obviously they can't switch to acoustic guitars right in the middle of a song, but they switch to clean and it sounds pretty good. Mikael actually made a comment about them sucking the night before, and how they were much better here. I sure was impressed. As for the crowd, it was like they were in a trance (except for the few people who were moshing just to mosh), and when the songs finished the trance kind of broke and everybody went crazy. After they went off, the crowd chanted again, and I'm sure that made their night...

P.S. I wish I could see Einherjer live, It's just not fair! Curse this country and its musical ignorance!

One other thing that I found kind of funny was that Martin Lopez had to use Van Williams' (Nevermore) drums. It was wierd watching Martin play on a drum set that had Nevermore written all over it. I can understand why they did it though, because taking down and putting up a drumset is a bitch (I'm a drummer, I know), and it takes alot of time to get it just like you want it... sorry, but it was funny to me, anyway...

Originally posted by Wolff
How was SOAD live MMCPA?

I saw System of a Down live here in Vancouver with Ozzfest '99. They were the best live band there, in my opinion, in that Serj was the most entertaining frontman and their performance was (as mentioned by mmcpa) the best sounding reproduction of the album. Incidentally, other hilights of the show included Slayer, who commanded the attention of the crowd with unspeakable authority, and of course seeing the original Black Sabbath, fathers of metal, in person was very special.