Tarja performing nightwish songs: "thoughts?"

I agree I don't see Tarja ever going back to NW and I'm pretty sure that the guys would never even consider taking her back. Too much hurt on both sides to ever get to the point of a reunion. It's like Pantera getting back together, sans Dimebag, and we know that won't ever happen either.

Oh I think she will, but it will be if Marcello is out of the scene. The day she divorces him, start the clock. Tuomas will eventually ask to talk privately. Fences will be mended.

But AT BEST, expect Tarja to make a surprise appearance at a Hartwell end-of-tour show like has become tradition. She'll come out, do a song or two from her era, bow, and leave.

With Pantera, it was WAY worse. Those were some seriously hard feelings, on par with Pink Floyd, and they can never be healed now with Dime dead.

^Agreed, I think there are some bands out there with worse bad blood between them, and I also think that if Marcelo were to ever be out of Tarja's life---as some people have already commented here and elsewhere---she'll get wise to all the ways in which he was "poison" (pardon the pun) to her career, and a possible olive branch from her to Nightwish (or vice-versa) will be extended.

I also agree that if she were to ever "reunite" with the band, it would be under special circumstances, and it would most likely not turn into a full-blown tour or reunion. I would not see any of that happening unless things were patched up after Nightwish as a band is retired or both parties are not "up to much" in regards to their musical careers.

True, as long as both parties are alive, there is always a chance. Never say never. People change over time, and things that people say they'll "never" do suddenly become less and less impossible. Remember, there was a time when Tuomas said that Nightwish would "never exist without Tarja", so obviously if he can change his mind about that, there are lots of other things a person can reconsider over time.

It's true that you should never say never but honestly, I think that Tarja is too proud to ever do that. She would have to be quite down in the gutter to do that. And hey, do you think that Tuomas and the guys would welcome her back? Honestly I think not. But to tell you the truth, part of me still wishes that I could have seen Tarja and the boys live back in the days.

I think there is a possibility of Tarja and Nightwish patching things up in the future. However, I also feel like Tarja very much enjoys the control she has in her solo career, so I'm not sure if I can see her working with Nightwish again in some form.