Tarot - a legend from the 80's =)

Psycho

New Metal Member
OK... so... I might as well speak in Finnish considering that Tarot really isn't popular outside Finland, but because it might interest some, I'll stick in English...

Tarot was the first Finnish metal band, arguably. It has played manly, melodic metal since 1984, and it's a damn shame it hasn't spread abroad almost at all, mainly due of the Finnish production. They gained some knowledge for their cover of Accept's "Generation Clash" on the Accept tribute album in 1999, but that's about it.

I would like to hear some opinions about Tarot's best albums from my fellow Finnish guys, gals, men and women who have heard the band and some opinions on their best albums. In my opinion, THE Tarot album is the mighty Follow Me Into Madness. Hail, hail :lol: I know there are many Stigmata and For The Glory Of Nothing style fans out there, so opinions, opinions :)

Yeah, absolutely, but if I remember correctly, Peer Gunt was commercially titled as "rock". I agree that Peer Gunt is heavy music, but I was speaking from a kind of commercial point of view... although I'm not a big fan of commerciality myself. I might add that Oz, Stone and Airdash were also not so far of being Finland's first metal band :)