TARTAR LAMB - "Sixty Metonymies" is now available!!!

I just bought this at last night. the design is incredible! I saw the semi-finished stuff on the computer but not all of it, and the way it's all put together is amazing. I like the Baphomet birthday cake pic.

listening to it now--sounds wonderful too.

Vital Weekly review (if you can call it that...):

Of a totally different kind is Tartar Lamb, a duo of one Toby Driver and Mia Matsumiya. They only get together as such to perform this work, '60 Metonymies' for violin and guitar, which was written by Toby driver, although they might come together in the future to record other pieces. Although '60 Metonymies' is primarily a a duet for violin and guitar, Tim Barnes (trumpet) and Andrew Greenwald (drums) are also brought in on some pieces to add some extra sound. Also studio treatment plays an important role on this CD. It's not always a pure, clean recording of two instruments, but sound effects play some role. It works best as an extended group then, so with the trumpet on drums, like on the ninth track (no track listing come with my copy, but looking at the xeroxed photos of the cover, it no doubt looks like a great cover). Intimate, atmospheric pieces of music, that holds somewhere in between improvisation and composition. Here instruments call for a lead in the play, and makes
hitherto more intense music. Quite nice.

I really like this album, and the packaging alone makes me want to bring harm to many a major label.

Hello everybody !
Just a few words, because I am not easy with English language.:rolleyes:

I receive Tartar lamb a few weeks ago, (who made the package?) and I’m waiting now for the next Kayo dot. Hurry up, I am impatient to enjoy it.

Congratulations for your job Mia and Toby, you’re great.:worship:

One message for Mia : I bought a Toby, oups sorry, a screwdriver, and I began to unscrew all that I see, particularly Mc Donald’s and dentures in glasses:heh:

Love

A review expressly for Astral Poetry:
From the opening strains of "Insert Title Here," it is clear these two engage in some hot n heavy axxxion on the side. The guitar wraps around the violin like an old lover, fueled by a combination of pineapple and avacado if you know what I mean. The virile tone of the former makes the later sound positively pregnant with mad skills . . . both musical and erotic. All in all, I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about and keep wanting to work in the word "melons." So "melons." There. I said it. I mean really why does it matter that Toby knows Mia in whatever way he knows her? They're both in Kayo Dot and have played together for years. The End. But nooo friggin Interweb perverts want details! YOU DISGUST ME! AND I WAS IN THIS VID... never mind.

Had a fair few listens to this and it is great. Easier to celebrate when you get emersed in the concept, but without that, the vintage tone of the guitar with the eerie sustain and violins natural sound have a great interplay. Strangely, hearing this piece live first and then on CD later, all the key themes were so memorable the first time round that it felt very familiar on the first listen, and instantly I realised the skills exhibited in the performance, as the live tone and playing was perfect for this material.

It's a great CD to listen to on the bus to work. When the world seems so bland and rejecting... Listening to this really helps me feel estranged from everyone else's hive like mundanity.