TBDM style band i recorded! Rate pleasz^^

barricade

Giggity Geschmougen
Oct 31, 2007
After a while i finally got to record a decent metal band! Love their music...so it was fun to record!

I used all Steven Slate samples on the drums... the drums were recorded real so i kept the OHs...but there was a shit load of editing to do!
Guitars were reamped through my Roadster and 5150 going into the Mesa Rectifier 4x12 cab -> sm57 -> asp008. The Roadster was the louder one, 5150 is 9db quieter. Bass was a musicman sub4 (no pick...fingers... don't like that very much). Vocals were recorded with sm7b->digi002 stock preamps !

Ok... ITS BASHING TIME... tell me how do you like it!

*UPDATED*

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/707864/18B6M4.mp3

Why you didnt use the audients for vocals. WHY the stock digi-shit pres??????

The audient is so awsome on vocals!!!!!

only listening on mbp speakers...sounds good. Vocals a bit to loud

I didn't use the Audient because it has so little gain and i had to turn it full up to get some decent signal...dunno...didn't work well on this singer!

i'd say they sound more like arsis, but the TBDM influence is evident. what's their name? i dig the song a lot.
there's something i don't like about guitars but i really don't know what it is.

Their name is Ferocious Mind... but they are new...so they will release their myspace and other stuff in a month or so!

seriously, this sounds really good

there isn't much of shit i'd change about this mix. i'd agree that there's something a little weird in the guitar tone, but not necessarily bad

there's nothing i find really 'euphonic' about the entire thing and especially the guitar tone.

the vox and gtrs are definitely fighting for the same space in the freq spectrum...

Guitars sound a tiny bit thin for my tastes. They could use a little more meat. The overheads sound a little farther away than the rest of the drums.

Also, I think I might be hearing a couple beat detective/ drum editing mistakes. There are a couple hi hat hits that sound like they've been chopped a little.

man, this band fucking rules, really loving the songs!

the production is really good and the mix is pretty good too. i know it's a bit late, but i do think the guitars are still a bit thin, and i'm not a fan of that kick.. the vocals sound like they could do with some mids scooped out from them (but that might just be how i like my vocals to sound in a mix).

you've done a really good job here!

thanks,