Tears for fears

That's a bold statement to have them as your favorite. Are there better songs than Head Over Heels, Shout, Change, Everybody Wants To Rule The World?

As far as Depeche Mode I really like them but the only album I own is Violator. What should I get next?

yeah your right,there probably are better songs. Lets just say "The Seeds of Love " is my favorite album.

As for depeche Mode, one of my favorite releases by them is Ultra.Also some of there newer releases are interesting and bordering on the dark side.

My wife has a Tears for Fears tape, I should pull it out and give it a listen just for the heck of it. Something different.

Funny, this dude I work with was telling me to check out "Tears for Fears" earlier tonight. It was just about 45 minutes before I saw this thread earlier... I thought it was kind of weird.

What I can't figure out is how Depeche Mode & The Beatles were brought up here... They must be a weird band. Might be my kinda stuff.

Just last weekend I did "Everybody wnats to rule the world" on PS2 Singstar . I rbadly ruined it. But yes, Tears for Fears is good band, my wife loves them. Depeche Mode is no good for me. @ panzerfaust: Toto rocks, killer band, got all albums. :worship:

What I can't figure out is how Depeche Mode & The Beatles were brought up here... They must be a weird band. Might be my kinda stuff.
I gotta say, I dont quite get what you mean.

Just last weekend I did "Everybody wnats to rule the world" on PS2 Singstar . I rbadly ruined it. But yes, Tears for Fears is good band, my wife loves them. Depeche Mode is no good for me. @ panzerfaust: Toto rocks, killer band, got all albums. :worship:

Damn no Depeche Mode eh? But yes,TOTO do fucking rock!

That's a bold statement to have them as your favorite. Are there better songs than Head Over Heels, Shout, Change, Everybody Wants To Rule The World?

As far as Depeche Mode I really like them but the only album I own is Violator. What should I get next?

anything depeche mode did since the late 80s is great. i don't really like depeche mode before 1986 or so except a few songs.

i like tears for fears and toto too. steve lukather ftw

Mad World is an awesome song by this band. The original seems to have been forgotten since it was covered on the Donnie Darko soundtrack, but I reckon it's better.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tears for Fears is an incredible band. I am so happy that I finally got into their 2005 comeback album "Everybody Loves a Happy Ending"... man, that is a gorgeous album. "Seeds of Love" is a very adventurous album, "Songs from the Big Chair" had some of their defining tracks ("Working Hour" is a powerhouse), and their early 90s albums after Curt left have some really personal material. Can't get into the style of the first album though... which most people think is the second coming of jesus.

Depeche Mode is great as well... though once again I am not a fan of the style of their pre-1986 output. I really dig 1986-1990 though.. which is covered well on Disc 1 of their "Greatest Hits 1986-1998" collection. "World In My Eyes", "Strangelove", "Behind the Wheel", etc.... all great tunes. I really like the song "Precious" from their 2005 comeback album... though I haven't given the rest of the album a chance.

Toto is pretty dorky... but they were great musicians... and I regard a few of their tunes as "guilty pleasures"... such as the smooth grooves of "Rosanna" and the Michael McDonald backing vocals on "I'll Be Over You".

no not really. The beatles arent't for everybody, and besides it took me a looong time to even respect them. Most likely it has to do with the era.

Dude... I was the same way. I used to loathe the Beatles... didn't care for the music... and hated how everyone everywhere constantly talked about how they're the greatest band ever. I finally gave their catalogue a thorough examiniation a couple years ago. And while I don't necessarily "enjoy" their music (bar a few tunes like the dreamy "Something"), I can definately begin to understand why they are so universally respected. They really introduced a ton of innovations to modern pop-rock songwriting, performance, production, promotion, image, etc.