Technical Metal Poll - Revisited !!

Which of the following strucks you as the best ?!

• Aghora (self-titled)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alarum - Eventuality

• At War With Self - Torn Between Dimensions

• Linear Sphere - Reality Dysfunction

• Thought Chamber - Angular Perceptions

• Total voters
of those i'd probably pick The Towers of Avarice. it's got some really great industrial sounding riffs and an epic/futuristic sound to it that i've never heard from another band (maybe Meshuggah). you forgot one amazing band though... Martyr. their album's Hopeless Hopes and Warp Zone are classics in technical metal, in my opinion. and what about Dream Theater? i know they are more mainstream nowadays but you can't deny albums like Images and Words or Scenes From A Memory.

That was a tough decision to make. I absolutely love Twisted Into Form's first album. I ended up going with Cynic's Focus though because that is the album that opened so many doors to the genre and really got me into more bands of this kind. Although I don't think their is really another band quite like Cynic in all honesty.

I went with Theory in Practice. All the bands listed are pretty rad, no doubt, but I think Theory in Practice comes takes the cake for me. Track one off Colonizing the Sun is one of the finest Technical Metal songs out there. Also, Martyr could have also been somewhere on this list.

and what about Dream Theater? i know they are more mainstream nowadays but you can't deny albums like Images and Words or Scenes From A Memory.

If i were to add Dream Theater to the poll, i would have had to change the entire poll into a Progressive Metal one, and I would have had to change the entire list of candidates. Dream Theater are more Progressive than technical... besides, i would have rather put Symphony X, Shadow Gallery, Andromeda, or Adagio over Dream Theater... now Liquid Tension Experiment would have been a good choice to put on the existing list... LTE 2 to be specific... but Dream Theater... NO !