techno/electronica/and all that

laibach.gif

i've been dowloading some nine inch nails and some minstry and some godflesh and some other stuff recently, i dont really know the genre very well but i'm greatly interested in noisy sounds lately, i'll dowload some skinny puppy and some aphex twin soon... yeah its, not really techno all this but it's close...

so how's deathcap going? is it twisted or what?

duncan do you know the chicks on speed? they're funny and they do good electronic music :) a bit in the kraftwerk way but more girl like ;)

I recently discovered Alec Empire's (Teenage Atari Riot) solo records. TAR are fun ("Deutschland has gotta diiiiieeee!"), but I can't listen to them for more than three songs. Too trashy and chaotic. "Generation Star Wars" is one helluva record though, and the weird ambient noises of "Les etoiles des filles mortes" have to be heard to be believed.

Destroy 2000 Years of Culture! :D

Mick Moss said:
Ultravox, Gary Numan, Alphaville, early Tears For Fears, = winner
class shear and utter class....
ultravox kick fucking arse, depeche mode too, although gary numan does rule....vikki needs to get in on this thread!!!
if you like this stuff, (and more recent, ladytron goldfrapp etc) you need to get to Heebie Jeebies on a friday night in liverpool, up seal street - top class crazy entertainment....thats were me n the elvis impersonator will be this friday..

I repeat I DO NOT DO ELVIS IMPRESSIONS... regularly!?

Mick My friend what can I say I bow before your musical taste Ultravox, Visage, Midge Ure ...that is where it is at! Ultravox are amazing far far far too many good songs!! Visions in Blue is one of my personal faves..

Aphex Twin , Squarepusher and all that jazz arent bad but they shall never compare to 80's electronica .. Aahhhhh Vienna

I think Fischerspooner does a quite nice revival of the 80's electronica. Even though industrial/electro-industrial, EBM (if it's not too gay like VNV Nation is...) and some badass techno are more of my kind. Monumentum did a great cover of Visage's "Fade to Grey" usig Francesca nicoli from Ataraxia on vocals. That visage guy had some killer looks deednee? :D

helios creed(does it count?), mercan dede(any of you know him?), some chemical bros, aphex twin, boards of canada, some moby, vangelis, tangerine dream, autechre, orb, air, prodigy,

yup ill go with air, boards of canada and chemical bros too.
sonic youth i think qualify in some respects too although not really in others < i dont know what im yabbering about...
now chapter house do a fucking fantastic song called liquid pearl - not really this genre either lol, but sonic youth just reminded me :lol:
who hates the cock-a-two twins then??? they get right on me tits they do

boards of canada ?! fukkin hate that shit... sorry to be so abrupt but Id rather listen to me nan take a shit. Tangerine dream however .. respect to whoever mentioned them.

fook off u 2 :D

Ultravox, yesh
Samael
Kraftwerk
K&D
DJ Shadow
Laurent Garnier
NIN
Goldfrapp
Blutengel
Helium Vola
Arcturus + Deception Circus