Good Techno?

Draehl

Lurker
May 31, 2004
Atlanta 'burbs
I realize this thread will probably be disliked by most, but I figured why the hell not :)

Personally I'm not much of a fan of any techno/electronica/etc, but recently I've heard some great songs that make me want to give it a second chance.

Here's some songs I've really come to enjoy:

Future Sound of London - Herd Killing
Future Sound of London - Landmass
Future Sound of London - We Have Explosive
The Prodigy - Claustrophobic Sting
The Prodigy - Firestarter
The Prodigy - Skylined
The Prodigy - Their Law
The Prodigy - Voodoo People

Mostly just the Prodigy in general. They seem to approach Techno in a way that sounds pretty good to a metal head I suppose as a few of my metal head friends like them as well.

Paul Oakenfeld's 'Delirium - The Silence 2000' (DJ Tiesto Remix) is the best piece of techno/trance ever.

Armin Van Buuren also does a good job in the trance department, and I enjoy Infected Mushroom, an Israeli psychadelic trance outfit.

As you can see I like trance, moreso than regular techno.

The Prodigy is a good choice I think.
I only knew Breathe and Firestarter from the radio years ago but then I listened to the full album "The Fat of the Land" and it's pretty good IMO.
Especially the first track, Narayan and Climbatize. "Diesel Power" has a lot of rapping but I even like that.
Ok guys, I'm a weirdo :lol:

I don't know if this is the kind of thing you're asking for, but VENETIAN SNARES! I would have to recommend the album Rossz Csillag Allat Szuletett.

Without doubt get this album. Classical meats 'breakcore'.. One of my favourite albums ever. One of my favourite bands too.

Autechre are one of my favourite 'electronic' bands, as well as Boards Of Canada and Aphex Twin.

Black Sun Empire are another amazing band, who are 'jungle' i think.. Although they've got some random sub-genre titles like "Darkstep" and "Neurofunk". Check out 'Driving Insane'.

Check out The Retrosic as well.. Kind of industrial/ebm but with techno/trance-ish synths. Probably the most similar to Prodigy etc.. Check out 'God Of Hell'.

venetian snares is pretty freaky... i guess you got to be high or something to enjoy it :D