Good Techno?

My biggest issue with the genre is it's hard to necessarily put a finger on what each genre is. Metal certainly has its share of sub-genres but they're not too hard to figure out...

My biggest issue with the genre is it's hard to necessarily put a finger on what each genre is. Metal certainly has its share of sub-genres but they're not too hard to figure out...

I have the same problem, but it's because I listen to metal a lot more than electronic music. Are you sure you're not the same? I could see a person who listens to electronic music saying the same thing about metal. Anyway, who cares about labels? That shouldn't be your biggest issue.

Downloaded a bunch (haven't listened to most of it yet) and threw in Fatboy Slim because I wanted to get Weapon of Choice. While the album it came on was pretty bad (leaning more towards hiphop or funk) I must say that Better Living Through Chemistry is a pretty great album- especially Santa Cruz, Going Out Of My Mind & The Sound of Milwaukee.

I have no idea either about the subgenres of Electronica. I just find bands I like and look up similar ones. Whatever FSOL and Aphex Twin are categorized under, that'd be it.