Ted trys sushi....

tedvanfrehley

Your Favorite Uncle
May 28, 2003
the bluegrass state
Visit site
Well, the wife and I went with friends to one of these restaraunts where you sit around the table and the chef cooks it all in front of you. (Shogun was the name) We went with a couple friends and my wife's friend's husband starts egging me on to try sushi. Now, I'll admit that my neck is just about as red as my blood...but my father always said that the mind is like a parachute, in order to work it must be open...so I said what the hell let's do it. He orders up what he calls "beginner's sushi". Yellow Tail, a spicy tuna roll, tekamaki, and something I can't remember the name of but had eel on it. Well, at first bite I gotta say it was not to my liking. Something about cold fish. (not to mention raw) BUT, once the soy sauce and wasabi hit me I was into it. I still hate whatever the hell the thing with eel was. I can't do eel. Something about that makes me feel dirty. :) But the Yellow Tail and the Spicy Tuna Roll were right up my alley. I'll eat that stuff AGAIN!

Why the hell am I posting this in a metal forum???? The answer is twofold...because 1. I just wonder if you oldschoolers eat this stuff on the regular and mainly 2.
I REMEMBER A PICTURE OF BLACKIE LAWLESS IN RIP OR HIT PARADER OR SOMETHING BACK IN THE DAY WHERE HE'S STANDING BEHIND A SUSHI BAR WITH KNIVES AND ALL THAT JAZZ. PRETTY COOL LOOKING! I thought of that photo the whole time....

thanks for reading
ted

If me and the tech that works for me get a chance to go to lunch, we always go to this buffet that has a sushi bar set up in it. I like it quite a bit. I think with the soy sauce and a little wasabi, it really tastes good. You have to be careful where you eat it, though. This place has a sushi chef so it's safe.

My wife is Japanese so of course I have tried Sashimi (which is often called Sushi by many.) I'm not real big on the fish. It's edible but for the price, I would rather have sopmething else, but I love the ika (squid.) It has a delicate flavor and isn't quite as chewy as eating it fired Italian style (calamari.) Some of the local Asian stores have frozen squid so I get the wifeto make it sometimes, but it's not fresh enough probably to eat raw.

Bryant