Ted's sideproject?

dano1427

Mar 17, 2003
Concord, Ca.
From www.rockdetector.com (under Enchant's bio):
"In early 2005 it would be learned that Ted Leonard helped formulate a "Progressive supergroup" headed up by guitarist MICHAEL HARRIS with THRESHOLD keyboard player Richard West plus Rob Stankiewicz and Derek Blakely from HAJI'S KITCHEN."
--dan

Hey all,

Been a while since I've posted so I hope all is well amongst you. Michael Harris and I have been working together on this project for a while now and it's finally coming together. The bass player and drummer from Haji's Kitchen joined the effort about a year ago and their contribution has been huge. Richard from Threshold was slated to play boards on the album but pulled out for personal reasons. I've heard some of the final mixes and it sounds pretty amazing. Sort of an Epic Prog Metal thing which has stretced me quite a bit in a lot of places but has also allowed me to explore a more aggressive singing style.

Stay tuned for the name of the project it's still in the air.

Take care,

Ted

Greets, all.

Bass player Derek here.

Sorry for the lack of updates & progress reports... it's been slow going getting this disc finished.

However... we're done with the disc, and it's mastered. As soon as we name the project, we'll be shopping it around. (this has turned out to be no small task.. lol!)

We were indeed sorry that it didn't work out with Rich, but Bobby Williamson from Outworld just absolutely Shredded To Death for us with some great solos & other miscellaneous bits. He was in a tough spot time-wise, but really stepped up to the plate for us... you folks won't be disappointed.

What else can I say.... umm.. for the Ted fans: I don't think his voice has ever sounded this strong on disc... the tracks he sent us sound *amazing*.. for the Harris fans: It's the strongest batch of songs I've heard him write... and if there's any Haji's Kitchen fans in the audience, it's definitely the best work I've ever done, *probably* the best work Rob's ever done, and Definitely the best (and by far the most difficult) work he & I have done together.

I can't F'in wait to get this disc on the shelves... :headbang:
Derek

There's $20 (or more?) burning a hole in my pocket, earmarked for what promises to be an awesome CD!

And there are several other $20 bills that will be burning in others' pockets when I tell them about this!

Thanks for the update!

:headbang:

--Keith

Thanks for the update, man, I can't wait to hear Ted's vocals again, he's done so well both in XEN and Enchant that I'm really eager!!!

Pity, tough, it's so hard to find these records in Europe, I have to order them from the states whenever I'm interested in something like this. :cry:

|ng.

Hey, since this board is so quiet, why don't we toss some ideas out in order to help the guys with the naming process? Maybe we can come up with something they can use...

Or maybe we give a name to another yet-to-be-born cool band who happens to wander this place and accidentally stumbles with an awesome idea in this thread.

Either way, you'll be naming a great band so... what do you say? How would you name Ted's sideproject?

My personal first idea: "Idon'tlooklikeMattLeBlancstopbotheringme"

Your turn.

|ng.

Hi all - I've been lurking a bit off and on, but figured I'd actually post, having something to say.

I was listening to Delicious Agony Progressive Rock Radio, and heard what sounded like Ted singing, but the band sure didn't sound like Enchant. Sure enough, it was a song from the new Thought Chamber album (Sacred Treasure was the song name).

It was definitely more "proggy" than Enchant, and not as heavy. I'm looking forward to hearing more from it. I don't know what the release date is supposed to be (if there is one yet).