Television

TesticleMilkshake

pewpewlazrz
Oct 24, 2010
New York
Out of curiosity, what TV shows are people watching here on the Andy Sneap forum?

I've been reading, going out more than usual, so less TV, but for a while I was watching House. I stopped somewhere around Season 7. My sister got me into the Walking Dead. Most often I watch National Geographic and documentary-style shows (Wild Russia, Anthony Bourdain, Lock Up)

Game of thrones, how i met your mother, the big bang theory, futurama, if I got nothing to do at all and just want
to be the dumbass I am I watch family guy or American Dad.
Besides that I am really into Anthony Bourdain's shows (his books are fantastic!) and I like good shows about food,
Jamie Oliver's "America" (no clue if this is the titel of the show in the USA, too) was pretty cool even Bourdain is
still my favorite-he just seems to be a cool dude who has seen lots od stuff.

Watched two and a half men, simpsons, south park, house and so on alot, but it just bores me now-not that many
German shows I enjoy.

i watch House, Game of Thrones, Family Guy and American Dad.

i actually went the same way as you with House; i stopped somewhere in the middle of season 7... it somehow got stuck there i guess and i got bored. a month ago or so i watched to catch up with the US audience, and now i have the last two unaired episodes to see - i have to recommend you to catch up too, season 8 has been pretty good and as the end of it will be the end of the series, it'll get intense...

one thing about House for me is i can't remember when i've last enjoyed an actor so much as i do Hugh Laurie. even just in the role of House he's kept impressing me throughout the series - not to mention his other work, the fact he's an amazing musician, and really cool and modest guy from the interviews i've seen. he also makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside. :tickled:

Most of my time in front of the TV is playing video games. But when it comes to TV, it's mostly History or Discovery Channel stuff....documentaries, shit on space/universe, etc. Been hooked on Netflix since I got it recently.

House
The walking dead
Supernatural
Eureka
Family guy
American dad
The big bang theory
Modern family
Suburgatory
2broke girld
New girl
American horrorstory
Community
Cougartown (it's been a while though)
How i met your mother
Misfits
That's pretty much all of the shows i watch constantly

And occasionally Eastbound and down

I know theres a few series in that list that might be more for the female viewers but if i enjoy, i watch.

Can someone please explain why they like the big bang theory? I tried watching is a few times and it was one of the least funny and most boring shows I have ever seen. My wife thinks the same thing but we have checked it out a few times due to hype....really don't get it...

The Big Bang Theory, Game of Thrones, Californication atm. How I met your mother as well, but mostly because I have enjoyed the first seasons, cause the 2/3 last ones aren't that funny anymore.

And I watch all the sci fi series I can find. My favourite ever would be in between FireFly (one of the best series ever imo) and Babylon 5 (the 2 main alien protagonist being the most awesome characters ever IMO). Loved Battlestar Galactica though the end is not as exciting as the beginning. Loved Stargate Universe, I have always loved the cheesiness of Stargate but this one was really good, eventhough obviously a BG rip-off.

I hate how Syfy has no true Sci Fi series anymore because cheap is the way to go (like pseudo sci fi series where aliens are infiltrated looking like humans, with a few mn of CGI graphics of a robot in an episode, and which story could almost be in a non sci fi environment and we wouldn't care). Shame on them for canceling FireFly and Stargate Universe after a single season.

Except that, I can be hooked to any documentary possible, would it be about animals or archeology or space or mathematics or whatever interesting. I enjoy cheap american TV movies cheap channels broadcast here, when I am chilling with a friend. Every time we say to ourself "did you get the story ?" "well I don't know, were there one ? wasn't it about the father who lied to the mother of the good christian family and it was all about that during 60mn ?" "I don't know I don't remember a single second of it !"

Can someone please explain why they like the big bang theory? I tried watching is a few times and it was one of the least funny and most boring shows I have ever seen. My wife thinks the same thing but we have checked it out a few times due to hype....really don't get it...

Well to me it's the funniest series I ever watched. You have to be a geek, scientist, or geek-friendly, to enjoy this show. A long time ago I watched 2mn of it and got bored because I normally don't like this kind of american series which take place in the appartment, with the door on one side, the couch in the middle etc. But I gave it another try years later, and I laughed my ass off. There were no hype going on over me when I watched it, it's almost unknown in my country and dubbed with retarded voices, I just truly felt connected to the humour going on there ! And the awesomeness is when they do an half-private joke on geek topics, and you get it :)

i
i actually went the same way as you with House; i stopped somewhere in the middle of season 7... it somehow got stuck there i guess and i got bored. a month ago or so i watched to catch up with the US audience, and now i have the last two unaired episodes to see - i have to recommend you to catch up too, season 8 has been pretty good and as the end of it will be the end of the series, it'll get intense...

one thing about House for me is i can't remember when i've last enjoyed an actor so much as i do Hugh Laurie. even just in the role of House he's kept impressing me throughout the series - not to mention his other work, the fact he's an amazing musician, and really cool and modest guy from the interviews i've seen. he also makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside. :tickled:

I also watch a lot of Adult Swim, I miss Metalocalypse! I haven't seen that in so long!! We actually have a goldfish named Scrambles, we think he may have killed another fish that was named Kramer.

It was basically down hill after House got out the psych ward. I felt the relationship with the German woman was a bit random. Then shit started to go down between team members, Cutty leaves... eh. The drama in the show became a big turn off for me. I feel like House as a series became essentially a less effeminate version of Gray's Anatomy, which isn't really saying much. :lol: The show was magical when it was at its height, kind of gave me hope for nationally syndicated cable.

I agree, Hugh Laurie is amazing on every level. He graduated from Cambridge and at one point was training for the Olympics. He's sexy, he's talented as a musician and as an actor; he's smart, great personality. The man is just personified awesome.

Forgot to add too, I usually watch Dateline with Brian Williams in the evening. And Sunday Morning on CBS (C-Trumpet solo, ftw)

At the moment this might be my top1 show. It's not the kind of show that makes me constantly laugh out loud but it makes me laugh in the inside the whole time (if you know what i mean :D)
And yes you have to be geek friendly as said before. I just love how the characters interact with each other, especially sheldon.

Not a single bad episode to date in my opinion.

Game of Thrones........

Looks like I will go back to watching nothing in a few weeks. I can't believe there are only 2 episodes left already, and have no idea how they are going to manage to wrap up book 2 with so little time.

I know what you are saying. The show has funny moments. But I can't get into it because the fan base killed it for me. That, and it reminds me too much of Asperger's. All in all, the Star Trek and Star Wars references are high-larious, and it's worth watching if you can get past the show's awkwardness.

EDIT: Also, I have a friend who is pretty much the plus-size, female version of a 40 year old virgin and she can't get enough Sheldon. In addition, I know multiple people who are pretty much Sheldon IRL, except less attractive, less educated and less successful. I guess I can't watch Big Bang, because it reminds me too much of sitting in my friend's basement and playing Halo, while talking about Steven Hawking.

I've watched pretty much almost every show mentioned in this thread (let's just say I have a lot of free time). I'll just mention a couple of favorites of mine that are not as popular. The first one is Fringe which is the best sci-fi series right now (and one of the best in general) and the other is Homeland which, if I'm not mistaken, no one here mentioned and it's by far the best new show this season.

Also, I see almost everyone here mentions Game of thrones. It's definitely one of the best shows on tv but, if you haven't already, do yourselves a favor and read the books.

A big +1 on this... I guess I can understand some people liking it but I can't explain its huge popularity.
I don't think being geek friendly has anything to do with it, I just found it unfunny and the characters (especially sheldon) really annoying.

Game of Thrones, BSG, Numb3ers, House sometimes, any Star Trek, Stargate and other scifi (if available! damn Finnish tv-companies..); Family Guy, Simpsons, South Park if I feel like watching.

Good call on the Anthony Bourdain series, love his style.

Hate Finnish tv-series, at least 99% of them.