Tell me some Irish bands.

J.

Old Fart
Jul 24, 2001
The Woodlands
Anyone know some good Irish bands?

I currently have all 3 Cruachan releases, the 4 Primordial releases, Geasa's only release and Arcane Sun's only release.

I love all of these releases, some more than others. So let me know if there are any other good Irish bands.

And if you have never heard these bands, you probably should.

I have heard Waylander being compared to Cruachan.

I have also heard that Waylanders 'Reawakening Pride once Lost' is very good, but the CD they released last year pretty much sucked. This true?

Riff Master General. They are from Northern Ireland and play traditional hard rock/heavy metal. They have an album called "A Trust Betrayed". They are very good.

You mean Irish metal bands like Primordial who mix metal with traditional folk crap?
Well,if NOT:

Abaddon Incarnate-Grindcore...Very brutal

Coldwar-Irish Hardcore

2000 Strong-Irish Hardcore

Pagan Reign-Entombed style metal

Eamonn

okay im guessing you are asking about more death / black / style bands .. but, aside from whats been mentioned (primordial being the best of what i know, although they havent matched the magnificent "imrama" yet) .. there is also stand up guy, who are like a cross between neurosis and will haven, but really stripped down .. and spindrift who are like very deathy hardcore sorta stuff!

apparently, there are loads of really cool bands of this style and death metal coming up at the moment .. :) ..

Waylander, as mentioned, should definately do it!!! :) Well, their first album is more black in style, some said the new album isn't good, but I think it is... maybe the vocals get somet ime to get used to, the clean vox don't sound too strong, but the music rocks and the lyrics are at least as great as on the old one, which has more growling and so, but also more folk to it (just one song for example : king of the fairies )

Primordial, also good, Imrama kicks ass, and so does the new album - Storm before calm

Cruachan, well, I would not really like to compare them to Waylander, as I don't like them THAT much ;) But it's still nice stuff, just more rock than metal to me?!

Arcane Sun don't have too much stuff released yet (which Ars(e) metallia band does???) but what I got so far, is worth a listen, too!

Need to see if I find more Irish shit in my Collection...