Ten years ago this week...

Spiff

I have the power
Apr 14, 2001
Brisbane, Australia
... or maybe it was last week. Anyway, ten years ago, give or take a week, a little ditty called "Be Quick or Be Dead" debuted at number 2 in the UK charts.

Oh, and on Isle of Wight Radio they're playing all of the UK number one songs since the UK charts started (cos it's the 50th anniversary of the charts, or something). How many Maiden songs is that - just one? They're playing it on some long weekend - Bank Holiday weekend or some such silly British thing.

Oh, and bought two Run to the Hills singles yesterday - how many have been released? Only saw two there - the one with "22 Acacia Ave" and "The Prisoner" from Reading, and the one with "Children of the Damned" and "Total Eclipse" from Hammersmith. Awful value (£5 each), but at least it's going to a good cause, probably after Steve and Rod take their cut.

Yep, only one Number 1 for Maiden.

There were 3 singles - 2 CD and 1 vinyl. And I don't think Rod and Steve are taking a cut from it, since EMI will just send the royalties directly to the MS Trust :)

BTW, Bank Holidays are just the British term for public holidays, and £5 is about what you'd pay here for a single in some places ($12) - shit, I've seen singles for $15, and they're not even imports!

Why? By the time you pay for postage it'll be more than you'd pay in the stores there.

If you want cheap CDs, hit the Megastores! Tower and Virgin rock!! Shall be hitting them myself on Monday :D

Umm nothing much to be honest, same old same old down here, things going well over there?

Originally posted by Mark
Why? By the time you pay for postage it'll be more than you'd pay in the stores there.

If you want cheap CDs, hit the Megastores! Tower and Virgin rock!! Shall be hitting them myself on Monday :D

Aren't you supposed to mention the UM Store about this time?