Tenacious D

Bierbommetje

Nov 21, 2005
I think there's gonna be little debate that Tenacious D are by far the best band of all time. So, please, the few of you who haven't seen the light yet, don't even try and clutter this thread with attempts at arguments to "prove" otherwise, it is futile.

So, anyone on here seen (even if just a bit of) the light?

well, it's hard not to consider them the best band in the world since they played the best song in the world

BTW, is it true that the devil in Tribute was actually Dave Grohl?

:Wreath: said:
do YOU want me to cum all over the screen? :lol:

Be my guest :)

He also plays guitar on Wonderboy, Explosivo, Dio, The Road, Rock Your Socks, Double Team and City Hall, though Im not sure to the exact parts.

Am I the only person who finds Tenacious D unfunny and generally uninteresting?

daz436 said:
Am I the only person who finds Tenacious D unfunny and generally uninteresting?

Don't worry, you might someday see the light. You are definitely not alone.

Tenacious D are so hilarious and awesome... as humorous as they were, they really could come up with some good music. I love "City Hall" especially.

but you definitely haven't seen the half of it until you've seen or heard them live... that's just the environment where they ARE Tenacious D... Kyle is a fantastic guitarist, and Jack Black is friggin Jack Black... they're hilarious together

I need to buy their DVD... my friend brought it over before and it was funny as hell... I remember laughing my ass off at the guitar-off so to speak between Jack and Kyle, if it's the same performance I'm thinking of

also, the early version of Tribute is better than the latter version... it's too bad they changed it

Bierbommetje said:
Don't worry, you might someday see the light. You are definitely not alone.
I 'saw the light' as a mid-teenage kid who listened to that sort of drivvel. I assumed everyone here would be past that phase too.

PS. I still don't see what is so funny about them.

daz436 said:
I 'saw the light' as a mid-teenage kid who listened to that sort of drivvel. I assumed everyone here would be past that phase too.

PS. I still don't see what is so funny about them.

some people are born deaf and blind

metal_wrath said:
Am I the only one who finds Tenacious D grossly unfunny and a complete pile of utter shite?

Don't worry, there are still many heathens out there in the world. Don't feel lonely, for you are not alone, and someday, the light might shine upon your face and you will regret saying the words you did.

Until that day comes, fuck off.

:Wreath: said:
some people are born deaf and blind

Luckily I'm not one of them. However I seem to have a different taste in music from you. Good job on pointing that out and making yourself come accross like a dick.

Bierbommetje said:
Don't worry, there are still many heathens out there in the world. Don't feel lonely, for you are not alone, and someday, the light might shine upon your face and you will regret saying the words you did.

Until that day comes, fuck off.
Don't worry, I won't even try to see the light, for if the light did shine upon me with the light of a thousand suns I would still NOT FIND A GODDAM THING FUNNY ABOUT TENACIOUS FUCKING DDDDDDDDDD. No offence. :)

House of Seance said:
Tenacious D are so hilarious and awesome... as humorous as they were, they really could come up with some good music. I love "City Hall" especially.

but you definitely haven't seen the half of it until you've seen or heard them live... that's just the environment where they ARE Tenacious D... Kyle is a fantastic guitarist, and Jack Black is friggin Jack Black... they're hilarious together

I need to buy their DVD... my friend brought it over before and it was funny as hell... I remember laughing my ass off at the guitar-off so to speak between Jack and Kyle, if it's the same performance I'm thinking of

also, the early version of Tribute is better than the latter version... it's too bad they changed it

I assume you are referring to The Complete Masterworks? It is indeed pure genius.

metal_wrath said:
Don't worry, I won't even try to see the light, for if the light did shine upon me with the light of a thousand suns I would still NOT FIND A GODDAM THING FUNNY ABOUT TENACIOUS FUCKING DDDDDDDDDD. No offence. :)

What part of "Fuck off" don't you understand?