Terminal 5

Whisper and Weep

Awaken from the Miasma...
Feb 4, 2008
Is anyone going to the show on the 21st?? Has anyone ever been there before? Im still wondering what its like. :zzz:

I'll be at the show on the 22nd. I've never been to T5 either, but from the bits I've read about it, it doesn't sound fantastic, like poor sound quality and lots of bad viewing areas. Bottom line, as long as I get to see Opeth, it's all good ;)

I'll be there on the 22nd as well. I've heard similar poor reviews about the acoustics of the venue, so I'm hoping for the best. I figure seeing Mike's pretty mug will make it all worthwhile. :)

Yeah, Ive read reviews too. Doesnt sound to great but w/e, I'm going on the 21st. It seems like a lot of ppl are going on the 22nd tho. But yeah as long as im seeing Opeth.

Im probably going both nights aswell. Cant wait.. Still havent bought tickets yet though...

just got back from tonight's show at Terminal 5. =D.

3 was great. They caught the whole venue by surprise.

i enjoyed BTBAM even though the fag-metalcore kids were all over. White Walls topped it off.

Opeth was unbelievable, The set was the usual Prog Nation set starting with Masters Apprentices, The Baying Of The Hounds, To Rid The Disease, Wreath, Heir Apparent, and The Drapery Falls. Every song was played to perfection but Heir Apparent completely blew me away. The song is soo much more powerful and the most explosive on tonights set. Mike was especially funny tonight too.

Dream Theater was eh, i enjoyed watching Petrucci rip and there was a cool drum solo thing with Portnoy, 3's drummer, BTBAM's drummer and Axe. Other than that i felt DT's set just dragged and went on and on, some parts were good and all but not enough to hold up my attention the whole night. =/.

they went on around 8 and played for an hour.

the set and equipment switching was super fast.

WOW, guess .3 went on pretty close to 6 then... Probably not gonna make it in for them, sucks after reading all the good reviews. Whatever, I'm there for Opeth and Opeth only. And I'd kill myself slowly before I sit through another Dream Theater set...

Thanks for the info.

Finally saw DT live...they were awesome. Had to leave early, missed some DT. Opeth was awesome, as always. But seeing DT live for the first time definitely left me with a good impression.

My quick review of the May 22nd gig:

Three was killer. I absolutely loved the acoustic work. I'm definitely going to check out some of their albums.

Between the Buried and Me was boring overall. I couldn't really hear the lead singer's vocals, though I suppose some might consider that an improvement.

Opeth was phenomenal, as expected. Mike made a little mistake toward the end of "Demon of the Fall," but he cunningly played it off with a joke that mistakes make each performance "unique." The set list was as follows:

Demon of the Fall
The Baying of the Hounds
In My Time of Need
Wreath
Heir Apparent
The Drapery Falls

I didn't stick around for most of Dream Theater but they were spot-on, also as expected.

Despite all I had heard about the sound issues at Terminal 5, I'd say the acoustics were pretty great tonight, except I felt the vocals were a little weak in the mix for BTBAM and Opeth. Opeth was easily the best band of the night for me, but the bill was great overall. I'm glad I went.

My quick review of the May 22nd gig:

Three was killer. I absolutely loved the acoustic work. I'm definitely going to check out some of their albums.

Between the Buried and Me was boring overall. I couldn't really hear the lead singer's vocals, though I suppose some might consider that an improvement.

Opeth was phenomenal, as expected. Mike made a little mistake toward the end of "Demon of the Fall," but he cunningly played it off with a joke that mistakes make each performance "unique." The set list was as follows:

Demon of the Fall
The Baying of the Hounds
In My Time of Need
Wreath
Heir Apparent
The Drapery Falls

I didn't stick around for most of Dream Theater but they were spot-on, also as expected.

Despite all I had heard about the sound issues at Terminal 5, I'd say the acoustics were pretty great tonight, except I felt the vocals were a little weak in the mix for BTBAM and Opeth. Opeth was easily the best band of the night for me, but the bill was great overall. I'm glad I went.

I just got back from the gig as well, and I pretty much agree with everything you said. The sound overall was GREAT, but the vocals were definitely too low in the mix for BTBAM and Opeth.

I'll just add that if you haven't seen 3 live...DO IT! You WON'T be disappointed :OMG: They blew me away, absolutely fantastic! Opeth was PHENOMENAL, as expected. Mike was funny as hell...Mike, I hope your fingers OK. :lol: He hurt it and kept saying it fucking hurts...

Awesome show all around. If you're going to an upcoming show, you have somethng great to look forward to :)

Just got back from tonights show.. SWEEEEEEEEEEEET.. Terminal 5 is kind of crappy. but what can you do. OPETH KICKED ASS!! p.s. I enjoyed Mikaels Conan the barbarian shirt. Rofl..

I liked the venue and the show. Apparently Mike can't figure out a mic, though, had to redo that Repentance bit : P

Show was great as expected, pissed that we missed 3 though. BTBAM had their moments, but the vocals got on my nerves a little bit, but every once in a while they'd play something really impressive.

To the kid who insisted on putting his girlfriend on his shoulders right in front of me, sorry about the elbow in the ribs. I understand you were having a great time, but after the 1st 10 minutes it got a little old... I did like her little 18 year old ass, and the rainbow bloomers were cute, but I did go to see Opeth. If I didn't do what I did, the guys behind me were gonna pour their beers down her ass...:lol:

Wasn't as bad as Gigantour, but I heard countless people saying Opeth sucks as I was fleeing before Dream Theater <--- didn't want to hear him sing one note...

You realize they weren't headlining, right?

breakdown was:

-Three: 30 mins
-BTBAM: 30 mins
-Opeth: 1 hour
-DT: 2 hours (but they typically play 90 minutes, they went longer as it was night 2 in nyc)