Terminal 5

yeah the girl on the shoulders was right in front of me too, at least i was standing further back behind the lighting dude so it wasnt as annoying

Once again...This is Dream Theater's tour, Mike Portnoy is the man that is backing this! Geez!

I was at the May 22nd show, and thought it was pretty good. BTBAM and Opeth were the highlights for myself, though Three put on a hell of a set. I loved the singer's acoustic guitar, it just looks awesome. That and how he plays it - seemingly by jamming his fingers into the strings - was impressive. I was very pleased with BTBAMs setlist and while they have their haters (I couldn't stand them until I got into Colors, and some of Alaska I like) the setlist was great. I only wish they played Son of Nothing (my second or third favorite Colors track) it was still excellent and they played spot on (I was impressed though I had heard bad things about their performances previously).

Opeth put on a really good show, and I was very excited that they opened with Demon of the Fall (even if Mikael forgot to turn the distortion off at the end). His banter was hilarious as always, but IDK what the hell he did to his finger to make him complain that it was hurting. I couldn't see, I was too far to the right. They put on a damn good show (Wreath was amazing live, I think better than on the album), but all it did was make me wish they were headliners. I can't wait for the fall to see them again.

Not that anyone cares, but the majority of Dream Theater's setlist was boring. They played a few songs off of Awake, but not a ton of good stuff. Too much wankery was abound, but what else is new. I can respect the musicianship, but not the ego.

Despite all I had heard about the sound issues at Terminal 5, I'd say the acoustics were pretty great tonight, except I felt the vocals were a little weak in the mix for BTBAM and Opeth.

I thought the vocals were low in the mix for every band except 3. Even LaBrie's shrieks were drowned out by guitar and drums. They were pretty quick in between sets and the soundchecks were mostly silent which I thought was weird. Still, they screwed up the mix and I found that to be very annoying, especially during In My Time of Need. Still, I'd go back, but not for $50 tickets (and $35 shirts - give me a break, that's high as hell. I got a Dark Tranquillity necklace (for the g/f), flask and belt buckle for slightly more than that amount OR a Behemoth shirt and shot glass for that exact price - that was some nonsense).

im guessing he got some sort of electric shock, its happened to me a few times when playing through an ungrounded rig that my school provided, fuckers dont know how to be safe
good thing i completely blew the huge speakers out by playing so hard, fuckers deserved it