Terminator (Our Beloved Security Guard)- RIP

Very sorry to hear this, he was a great guy and will be sadly missed. Thoughts and prayers to his family and friends...

From ProgPower USA V in 2004. Photo by Todd Brown

66.jpg

I woke up feeling so sad this morning, as if something terrible had happened...and it had. The twins have always been the sweetest tough guys I've ever known, and Terminator will be sorely missed. My heart goes out to his brother and their family and friends. So hard to believe he's gone. :(

just awful news. He will be very much missed. He was always such a gentle man, full of laughter.

I'm heartbroken. :cry:

Terminator and I had such a great relationship when I was on the crew. He was one of the many people I looked forward to seeing every year.

Terminator, you will be missed. Rest in peace my friend.

Zilla

This! I am so very sad now. It took me 6 years to realize that him and his brother weren't the same person. He always helped me out by being mean when I needed to, but couldn't *coughangracough*. He always made me laugh when I got pissed, even when it was at a regular concert. I'm gonna miss my teddy bear!!!!

Saw this on Facebook, and I still can't believe the news... Seeing Terminator and Renegade are almost as much a ritual/expectation of ProgPower for me as seeing Glenn and Jen. They always made me feel like I had come into their house for a visit, that I could stay (almost) as long as I wanted, and that they were glad to have us there.

Could not have been said any better....a sad day.

Really sad news. Every year after turning 21 in 2007 Terminator would always (jokingly since he always remembered me) give me a hard time about my ID (since i still look like I'm under 18). That was a PP ritual i'll miss for sure, always a good time talking to Terminator. He was a class act, and will be surely missed. RIP

I agree with all of the above - his smile and professionalism at the door was always the beginning of a PP weekend for me.

Don't know what you've got till it's (he's) gone. And he is gone way too soon.

Saw this on Facebook, and I still can't believe the news... Seeing Terminator and Renegade are almost as much a ritual/expectation of ProgPower for me as seeing Glenn and Jen. They always made me feel like I had come into their house for a visit, that I could stay (almost) as long as I wanted, and that they were glad to have us there. While I can't imagine the pain Renegade is going through now, I hope he's at Center Stage in the fall so we can give him some love an support.

It may be a little early, but I think it would be nice if we could find a small way to show our respect for our fallen friend. Perhaps black armbands are a bit too maudlin, but I'm sure collectively we could come up with a more fitting tribute for him on one of the nights.
I was just devastated when I read the news on FB. Didn't even know he was ill. I agree completely with all the thoughts quoted. He always made me feel like a most welcomed guest in his home. I will miss those big hugs dearly.

He will definitely be remembered on the poster this year. Does anyone know his real name or have any more photos?

Does anyone know his real name or have any more photos?

Terminator's real name is Eric Parker, and Renegade's is Derrick Parker. We'll post arrangements in this thread as we learn of them.

Derrick J Parker
4795 Bridle Point Pkwy Snellville, GA 30039-6770

~Jen

I knew he was ill, and not doing well, but that doesn't soften the loss. Rest In Peace big man, and sincere & heartfelt condolences to his family & friends.

Thanks for the address Jen, I'll make sure to get a card out in the next 24 hours........

Wow, I am in shock! Even back in day when I knew no one he made me smile. I have several pics of him and I over the years. I enjoyed seeing him and looked forward to it. It will not be the same without him. Rest in peace my friend, you will be sorely missed.

Linda

It may be a little early, but I think it would be nice if we could find a small way to show our respect for our fallen friend. Perhaps black armbands are a bit too maudlin, but I'm sure collectively we could come up with a more fitting tribute for him on one of the nights.

As soon as I saw this, I was thinking of the same thing.

I remember seeing him every year at ProgPower. Really sad to hear of his passing.

That was one thing I always liked about ProgPower was just how cool the security always were. They were there when you needed them, but quietly doing their jobs to help maintain peace and sanity and just being cool when you didn't need them directly.

RIP 'Terminator', you will never be forgotten for the awesome service you provided year in and year out for ProgPower.

My prayers go out to his family. He truly was the first face I ever saw when I came to my first PP. I looked forward to seeing him every year. He will always be a member of the PPUSA family.