Terminator Salvation

well in the other movies it shows them fighting T800s.
Tons tougher than the 600. So that should be really cool once they make more.

of course there were really stupid parts. but I liked the movie.

I liked the book more than the film. Neither ending were really all that great though to be honest. The book made some things a lot more clear, which they should have addressed in the film. For one thing, one of the downfalls of using the "signal" was that the longer it was the on, the easier it was for Skynet to track you.
The beginning with Marcus in prison was more dramatic and tense. And they also explained why there were hardly any machines inside Skynet, which would have helped that major story blunder.
Overall, read the book was good.

Thanks for the info! I'll probably lay my dirty hands on it... Since the movie seems to be an adaptation of the book and not the other way around, it might really be worth the time.

Rather impressive the way they can construct convincing CGI using old images of actors now. How long before they can functionally resurrect dead actors in digital form I wonder. Heath Ledger for the next Batman film anyone?

They've actually been doing that for many years. They used the actor Roland Kickinger for the body, he acted out the parts and then simply replaced his face. First film I recall them using the face replacement CG was the Crow and also for Tony's mom in the Sopranos as she died before they finished her story arc. They used a similar technique for Rorschach's (sp?) mask in Watchmen.
It was very cool though how they used the 1984 version of his face in order to bring about some consistency.

For the record, as the forums number 1 terminator fangirl, this shit sucked dick.

Bring back the fucking SARAH CONNOR CHRONICLES. The only competent thing done with the IP in nearly 10 years.