terror in London....wtf?!

A. Hard to question dead people.

B. It's hard to publicly show the due process of law if you've killed them. Radical viewpoints flourish on martyrs.

I want to play the devils advocate here. If I am correct, due process is the legal requirements of the state to respect an individuals legal rights, but does nothing to pertain to peer level retribution. And immediate threat to an individual and the public with many witnesses means that neutralization of that threat is therefor justified. In the case of an open public murder with many witnesses, there is virtually no need for a legal dispute of guilt, immediate defense/protection of the victim and the general welfare of the people means that any force needed to stop the threat is therefor justifiable.

It would be the same as saying you were hypothetically walking down the street and you saw a man brutally stabbing another man. If you had a viable weapon to stop the attack, would you? Or would you let the attack continue to happen, possibly letting the attacker kill his victim, and possibly others, and calling the police hoping they get caught and punished "accordingly"? Personally if I had viable means to help I wouldn't be able to live with myself knowing that I did nothing. Unfortunately because even English police don't carry adequate weapons nothing could be done without threatening the public's or the police's safety so nothing could have really been done.

Europe must throw all muslims out.Just read their shitty book-quran

That was my first thought when I saw the video unfortunately. I watched some stuff on the EDL and every single word I found myself agreeing with.

I know it's the extremists... but damn, we don't get it from the all the other religions. Also, their respawn ratio of 5.3/1 is pretty scary to me.

I want to play the devils advocate here. If I am correct, due process is the legal requirements of the state to respect an individuals legal rights, but does nothing to pertain to peer level retribution. And immediate threat to an individual and the public with many witnesses means that neutralization of that threat is therefor justified. In the case of an open public murder with many witnesses, there is virtually no need for a legal dispute of guilt, immediate defense/protection of the victim and the general welfare of the people means that any force needed to stop the threat is therefor justifiable.

It would be the same as saying you were hypothetically walking down the street and you saw a man brutally stabbing another man. If you had a viable weapon to stop the attack, would you? Or would you let the attack continue to happen, possibly letting the attacker kill his victim, and possibly others, and calling the police hoping they get caught and punished "accordingly"? Personally if I had viable means to help I wouldn't be able to live with myself knowing that I did nothing. Unfortunately because even English police don't carry adequate weapons nothing could be done without threatening the public's or the police's safety so nothing could have really been done.

And you had to bring your gun bullfaggotry again...

Quote me one time in this thread, other than this exact post where I said gun? That's because I didn't. Now please, if you cannot have the maturity to have a civilized meaningful conversation then don't pester me.

Haha I'm just trolling dude.

That was my first thought when I saw the video unfortunately. I watched some stuff on the EDL and every single word I found myself agreeing with.

I know it's the extremists... but damn, we don't get it from the all the other religions. Also, their respawn ratio of 5.3/1 is pretty scary to me.

Fuck the edl and everything they stand for. Xenophobic idiot reactionaries who incite hatred and encourage extremism through their despicable hate speech.

I know a number of people of Islamic background personally, ranging from devout to atheist. Talking to them and remembering that there are swathes of people from the same heritage and race as me who would condemn them based on their beliefs and/or skin colour makes me deeply sad and ashamed.

Fuck the edl and everything they stand for. Xenophobic idiot reactionaries who incite hatred and encourage extremism through their despicable hate speech.

I know a number of people of Islamic background personally, ranging from devout to atheist. Talking to them and remembering that there are swathes of people from the same heritage and race as me who would condemn them based on their beliefs and/or skin colour makes me deeply sad and ashamed.

I know the EDL aren't the most eloquent bunch around, but criticising Islam is not the same thing as condemning people based on their skin colour. This is a distinction that needs to be made if we are ever going to have a sane conversation about this. It is fully possible to come from a non-Arabic country, to have pure white skin, and still be a Muslim. Further, it's possible for that very same person to be as batshit insane as the men who did this attack.

It shouldn't be ignored either that attacking a man in the street for the actions of a country's military is the act of an insane person, with extreme and hateful views.

I really think we need a wider discussion on the dangers of religious freedom.