Terrorizer Top 40 of 2003

People should keep in mind that Terrorizer lets the individual reviewer rate the CD they review. I believe Enslaved got something like 7.5/10, and they are in the #2 spot. Hatebreed (#40) got something like 6/10. The top 40 is comprised of all writers/editors/reviewers opinions. Maybe nobody else liked Mithras . . . which is hard to believe. Mithras is considered 2003, isn't it?

npearce said:
The top 40 is comprised of all writers/editors/reviewers opinions. Maybe nobody else liked Mithras . . . which is hard to believe. Mithras is considered 2003, isn't it?
Of course, that's a great point npearce. Mithras is indeed 2003, but it came out in the first week of December (or at least, it came out *very* late in 2003). I literally burned CD-R's for NAD and Papa Josh at a moments notice before we published RC's year end lists just because I knew they had to give it a full chance to consider it for a top 10 spot, but I guess it wasn't enough time - which is fair enough.

I think NAD has said that if he had more time with it, Mithras would have made his top 5 of 2003.

I'm only speculating though - of course it's totally feasible that everyone else at Terrorizer didn't like it (but I doubt it).

JayKeeley said:
I think NAD has said that if he had more time with it, Mithras would have made his top 5 of 2003.
Yep, and Sunn 0))) - White1 would be in my top ten as well. I don't even care about 2004 releases all that much, I'm still too busy livin' in the fuckin' past! :tickled:

npearce said:
Does anybody know about Funeral Mist? I have some interest in them, but I'm not sure if they are actually better than say, Marduk.
I don't own any release be Funeral Mist, but I believe them to be very good in the vein of Ofermod, Watain, Ondskapt and so on. Even though they share the vocalist nowadays I think there are few similarities with Marduk.

The new Terrorizer has a terrible review of Pelican. The gave it 6/10 . . . then it makes the top 40. Apparently Chris Chantler was grumpy that day, because he also used the review to bash Hydra Head and Southern Lord for being too single-minded with their releases.

I just realized Nasum didn't make that list. That's CRAZY!