Terrorizer's best albums of 2008

Oct 8, 2005
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=111672

01. ENSLAVED - Vertebrae (Indie Recordings)
02. CYNIC - Traced In Air (Season Of Mist)
03. NACHTMYSTIUM - Assassins: Black Meddle Part 1 (Candlelight)
04. GOJIRA - The Way Of All Flesh (Listenable)
05. TORCHE - Meanderthal (Hydra Head)
06. MESHUGGAH - ObZen (Nuclear Blast)
07. OPETH - Watershed (Roadrunner)
08. METALLICA - Death Magnetic (Warner)
09. BLOODBATH - The Fathomless Mastery (Peaceville)
10. ESOTERIC - The Maniacal Vale (Season Of Mist)
11. EARTH - The Bees Made Honey In The Lion's Skull (Southern Lord)
12. AC/DC - Black Ice (Sony)
13. ASVA - What You Don't Know Is Frontier (Southern Lord)
14. HAIL OF BULLETS - ...Of Frost And War (Metal Blade)
15. SEPTICFLESH - Communion (Season Of Mist)
16. DARKTHRONE - Dark Thrones And Black Flags (Peaceville)
17. LEVIATHAN - Massive Conspiracy Against All Life (Moribund)
18. GRAND MAGUS - Iron Will (Rise Above)
19. HARVEY MILK - Life... The Best Game In Town (Hydra Head)
20. SATYRICON - The Age Of Nero (Roadrunner)

What do you think of it, do you agree with it? mine would have looked something like this (only the top 5, and non-metal not included):
1. Enslaved- Vertebrae/ Opeth- Watershed (tie)
2 Cynic- Traced In Air
3 Nachtmystium- Assassins
4 Woods of Ypres- Woods III
5 Meshuggah- Obzen
actually I'll go ahead and list 6 and 7 too because these were good too
6 Origin- Antithesis
7 Testament- The Formation of Damnation

So the first three i agreed with terrorizer (except Opeth), and then they also listed Meshuggah as 6, so my list somewhat agrees.

that list is complete shit, how tmv is 10, mcaal is 17 and dm is 8 is fucking beyond me. tmv was top metal album of 08 period along with chaining the katechon ep, mcaal should be higher, and dm shouldn't even be on that list. not to mention why is the age of nero on there, and why is dark thrones and black flags on there, and why is black ice on there, and why is the bees made honey on there.

i can't imagine wanting to listen to that many metal albums, let alone the larger amount that you would have to hear to narrow it down into a list of 20

The top 10 list isn't too bad.

There are three more that should be obvious choices in any best of metal list:

Hollenthon - Opus Magnum
Scar Symmetry - Holographic Universe
Virgin Black - Requiem: Fortissimo

Why do none of the lists I see not have Hollenthon on it? Is it that no one has heard it, or that no one thinks it's any good?

The top 10 list isn't too bad.

There are three more that should be obvious choices in any best of metal list:

Hollenthon - Opus Magnum
Scar Symmetry - Holographic Universe
Virgin Black - Requiem: Fortissimo

Why do none of the lists I see not have Hollenthon on it? Is it that no one has heard it, or that no one thinks it's any good?

scar symmetry is yet another generic band playing the same old melodeath/gothenburg shit, hence why they're not on the list

fucking lol that watershed should be first, it was nowhere near best metal album of 08 much less best album of 08 in general. again, tmv was hands down the best metal album of 08

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=111672

01. ENSLAVED - Vertebrae (Indie Recordings)
02. CYNIC - Traced In Air (Season Of Mist)
03. NACHTMYSTIUM - Assassins: Black Meddle Part 1 (Candlelight)
04. GOJIRA - The Way Of All Flesh (Listenable)
06. MESHUGGAH - ObZen (Nuclear Blast)
07. OPETH - Watershed (Roadrunner)
08. METALLICA - Death Magnetic (Warner)
09. BLOODBATH - The Fathomless Mastery (Peaceville)
10. ESOTERIC - The Maniacal Vale (Season Of Mist)
12. AC/DC - Black Ice (Sony)
13. ASVA - What You Don't Know Is Frontier (Southern Lord)
17. LEVIATHAN - Massive Conspiracy Against All Life (Moribund)

I have all of these except:

scar symmetry is yet another generic band playing the same old melodeath/gothenburg shit, hence why they're not on the list

fucking lol that watershed should be first, it was nowhere near best metal album of 08 much less best album of 08 in general. again, tmv was hands down the best metal album of 08

Well, I disagree. Watershed is certainly the best album this year. Scar Symmetry is right behind it. I don't hear Holographic Universe as the typical Gothenburg shit. It is much better than that, sounds great to my ears. Oh well, eveyone has an opinion.

Well, I disagree. Watershed is certainly the best album this year. Scar Symmetry is right behind it. I don't hear Holographic Universe as the typical Gothenburg shit. It is much better than that, sounds great to my ears. Oh well, eveyone has an opinion.

then you need your ears checked or you need to expand what you listened to from 08.

watershed doesn't hold a candle to tmv, mcaal, assassins, utp, melancholie2, darkspace iii, chaining the katechon, etc etc etc. it's not close to a top 20 metal album of 08, much less top 20 album of 08 in general.

then you need your ears checked or you need to expand what you listened to from 08.

watershed doesn't hold a candle to tmv, mcaal, assassins, utp, melancholie2, darkspace iii, chaining the katechon, etc etc etc. it's not close to a top 20 metal album of 08, much less top 20 album of 08 in general.

Come on now. I agreed with you until you say Assassins (considering you mean the new Nachtmystium) it's great but Watershed is way better... seriously.

Come on now. I agreed with you until you say Assassins (considering you mean the new Nachtmystium) it's great but Watershed is way better... seriously.

assassins was an amazing album imo. it wasn't stereotypical black metal, and it was excellently written. only bad thing about it are blakes vocals imo...they're not that good. but everything else was amazing imo. I can listen to the whole record without skipping any songs, watershed I consistently find myself skipping to heir apparent, then hessian peel and hex omega.