Terrorizer's best albums of 2008

then you need your ears checked or you need to expand what you listened to from 08.

watershed doesn't hold a candle to tmv, mcaal, assassins, utp, melancholie2, darkspace iii, chaining the katechon, etc etc etc. it's not close to a top 20 metal album of 08, much less top 20 album of 08 in general.

1. Opeth – Watershed
2. Scar Symmetry – Holographic Universe
3. Enslaved – Vertebrae
4. Gojira – The Way of All Flesh
5. Virgin Black – Requiem Fortissimo
6. Hollenthon – Opus Magnum
7. Asmegin – Arv
8. Ihsahn – Angl
9. Bloodbath – Fathomless Mastery
10. Swallow the Sun - Plague of Butterflies

Those are my picks and I'm sticking to them. I have Assassins, and it's good, but not better than these, IMHO.

1. Opeth – Watershed
2. Scar Symmetry – Holographic Universe
3. Enslaved – Vertebrae
4. Gojira – The Way of All Flesh
5. Virgin Black – Requiem Fortissimo
6. Hollenthon – Opus Magnum
7. Asmegin – Arv
8. Ihsahn – Angl
9. Bloodbath – Fathomless Mastery
10. Swallow the Sun - Plague of Butterflies

Those are my picks and I'm sticking to them. I have Assassins, and it's good, but not better than these, IMHO.

then you should probably check out chaining the katechon and the maniacal vale...because they both, particularly tmv, obliterate everything on that list imoafaik ftlog

Exactly what I wanted to say.

Think again; Are you saying this because it was vastly superior (and a great step in the right direction) to St anger? or is it because you really like the album?

I have the album myself, legally bought and everything, and I liked it and I would perhaps include it in my top 10 but I havent heard many albums released this year. I do think death magnetic definately is a step in the right direction but I haven't listened to it for some time now and I question myself if it really a decent album?

it was a sub-par record. period. if you compare it to anything else they've done in that style, it was fucking sub-par. and the production just fucks it up more than it already was. eos.
of course if you compare it to st. anger, it's going to look like jesus reincarnated. but otherwise, it's sub-par. half of it is filled with groove riffs and the other half is ruined by james' shitty "YEAAAAH" at the end of every single word. eos.

Personally I think more people should recognize that Metallica have done a pretty good job of trying to sorta return to some of their old non-mainstream style, but I do agree it doesn't really belong on this list nevertheless. With Suicide and Redemption, That Was Just Your Life, All Nightmare Long, etc. Metallica at least put out their best CD since ...And Justice For All. But they'll still never touch old Metallica until Hetfield's vocals stop trying to sound like some cheesy epic ballad every fucking song he sings.

Personally, i thought TMV was the album of the year. But clearly not everyone else does. Time to go cry into my pillow and OD on lemsip.

None of your opinions matter. You all care too much about this list. And yes, my opinion doesn't matter either.