Testament, Anthrax, Overkill, Death Angel Tour Soon -- LAS VEGAS ??

I'm sure the dates will be announced soon enough. I seriously doubt it'll come near me though. Boise or Salt Lake City would be the only real options, and I just don't see it happening.

That will be fucking sick! I still wonder what happened to injure Paul.

I assume it's got something to do with his recurring elbow problem. As far as I know, nobody has stated the specific nature of this injury, but I do recall one of the band members saying something about it being something he's dealt with before.

If they want to keep it an all thrash line-up then the perfect replacement for Overkill would probably be Exodus or Kreator. I'm all for leaving it as is with Anthrax and Testament co-headlining and Death Angel being the only support band. It would allow Testament to have a longer set.

If they must replace Overkill then maybe they shouldn't replace them with another thrash act. They should diversify the line-up a little. I don't know, maybe throw in a European band like Arch Enemy or surprise everybody by adding a heavier but slower band like Crowbar?

I can't believe Overkill said no to this tour. They should put the recording of the new album on hold. Really stupid move by their part. They should continue to promote Ironbound which is a killer album.

This is total fucking bullshit Overkill cant put off recording for 6 weeks and do this historic tour. There is totally not going to be a better Thrash band that can replace Overkill

Arch Enemy can tour with Dragon Lord,I wouldn't be down for them to be on this kind of tour.I am down for Kreator though.

But I agree lame move by Overkill,That is one band that should not rush into a new album.

Overkill is one of those bands that gets antsy if they don't have an album out within 2.5 years of the previous one. I also think there's more to it than just "we want to make a new album." They probably only got about 35 minutes to play and figure they'd rather tour behind a new album and do their customary 100 minute headlining gigs instead doing support gigs. They'd be playing to the same audience either way.

Good point Nevermore. I think a band will always make more money headlining than supporting another band. However, Ironbound was probably Overkill's best release since 1994's W.F.O. and it did well with sales. The logical thing sounds like continuing to promote Ironbound on the road whether it's headlining or being direct support.

If you scale these bands in terms of popularity, saying no to Anthrax and Testament would be just as bad as Testament saying no to Slayer and Megadeth. When Testament got the call for the American Carnage tour they put the recording of the new album on hold. It was the obvious thing to do. There are certain bands that you just can't say no to. If I was Bobby Blitz I'd tell D.D. Verni the hell with the recording of the new album....it can wait another 5 or 6 weeks! Give the fans what they want. Not continuing to promote a strengthy Ironbound release and saying no to one of the BIG 4 to rush a new album sounds like a foolish thing to do. There is probably more to this than we know.

I'm curious to see who will replace them on the bill.

I think there's more prestige with opening for Megadeth and Slayer than opening for Anthrax/Testament. The AC shows were in arenas whereas the Anthrax/Testament bill will probably play larger theatres (although the AC shows were only done to half the arenas). That being said, the excitement for the Anthrax/Testament shows will be through the roof because both will have new albums out. It's hard to call either way.

I honestly hope nobody replaces Overkill on the bill and they all just get more playing time. But, as I think of it, putting Heathen on there would make it one hell of a bill as well.

desapointed overkill will not do this tour
Testament/overkill would be an amazing thrashFest, the 2 fucking best thrash -grooving metal !!
wave:

Probably a mistake for Overkill to turn down this tour. The chance to play in front of the larger crowds could only help sales of the new record. I'm guessing Anthrax and Testament, to some extent, will draw a ton of people that won't go to an Overkill headlining show.

Probably a mistake for Overkill to turn down this tour. The chance to play in front of the larger crowds could only help sales of the new record. I'm guessing Anthrax and Testament, to some extent, will draw a ton of people that won't go to an Overkill headlining show.

Larger crowds? This tour will hit all the same places that Overkill plays as well. Maybe, in bigger cities it might hit a theater but it's not like they'll be playing the Staples Center or the Meadowlands.

As far as helping sales goes, Anthrax fans are Testament fans are Overkill fans. It's the same crowd.