U.S. Fall Tour with....

I think it will be Anthrax headlining since they are the biggest "name" on the bill. I think the next spot on the bill will depend on where in the country it is, although I think we all can agree that Death Angel are the openers. I figure when they play NYC they'll probably play the Best Buy Theater and after DA it will be Testament and then Overkill and then Anthrax because for Overkill and Anthrax it will be a "homecoming" show. I could see Testament taking the co-headliner spot because they'll be supporting a brand new album (if it's out by then). No matter what, there's nothing bad about this tour.

There is ZERO chance of Overkill playing ahead of Testament no matter what city they are in. It will be:

Anthrax
Testament

with special guests

Overkill
Death Angel

There is ZERO chance of Overkill playing ahead of Testament no matter what city they are in. It will be:

Anthrax
Testament

with special guests

Overkill
Death Angel

I'm simply going by every time I've seen either band in the my area (NJ/NYC) and the Overkill shows have always drawn a little bit better than Testament. Based on that, in this area, it would make more sense for them to play ahead of Testament. Testament's album will be newer so I can see that being a factor for them playing ahead of Overkill as well. Both bands are equal to me but I would expect Overkill to be higher up the bill in a hometown show (as Testament would be higher up in Cali). If both get equal playing time then, in the end, who cares?

I'm simply going by every time I've seen either band in the my area (NJ/NYC) and the Overkill shows have always drawn a little bit better than Testament. Based on that, in this area, it would make more sense for them to play ahead of Testament. Testament's album will be newer so I can see that being a factor for them playing ahead of Overkill as well. Both bands are equal to me but I would expect Overkill to be higher up the bill in a hometown show (as Testament would be higher up in Cali). If both get equal playing time then, in the end, who cares?

Tours don't work that way. Sure it's possible Testament could be cool and ask Overkill if they want to be ahead of them. But that isn't going to happen.

Overkill is not going to get the same set time as Testament. This will be an Anthrax and Testament show with Overkill being one of the 'support' bands. The likely hood of Overkill playing ahead of Testament on this tour, even in NJ/NYC is very slim. If that were to happen it would be because Testament 'let them' or 'asked them' to do it because it was their hometown. But even with that being said, this is a business, and Testament will be promoting a new album and will most likely not be giving up their slot just because Overkill may happen to be playing near their home town.

Anthrax will probably get a bit over an hour, Testament 55 minutes, overkill 35 minutes, death angel 30 minutes... and that's how it will be in every city on this tour no matter who's hometown they happen to be in.

Tours don't work that way. Sure it's possible Testament could be cool and ask Overkill if they want to be ahead of them. But that isn't going to happen.

Overkill is not going to get the same set time as Testament. This will be an Anthrax and Testament show with Overkill being one of the 'support' bands. The likely hood of Overkill playing ahead of Testament on this tour, even in NJ/NYC is very slim. If that were to happen it would be because Testament 'let them' or 'asked them' to do it because it was their hometown. But even with that being said, this is a business, and Testament will be promoting a new album and will most likely not be giving up their slot just because Overkill may happen to be playing near their home town.

Anthrax will probably get a bit over an hour, Testament 55 minutes, overkill 35 minutes, death angel 30 minutes... and that's how it will be in every city on this tour no matter who's hometown they happen to be in.

agreed,its a solid metal tour.

If youve seen any of these bands before, which years?

Anthrax: '90, '93, '03, '05, '11
Testament: '92, '09 (twice; in February and July)
Death Angel: '09, '11
Overkill: never

BTW; Saw Anthrax (w/Kisser) 4 days ago. They were KILLER! Even the local newspaper was impressed - they gave the show 6/6 stars and said "There's not much to criticize about Anthrax this evening, but if I must say one thing, it must be that the concert could have been longer".
They played for about an hour. :headbang:

Nope, don't see that happening. I think this will be labeled Anthrax and Testament with special guests Overkill and Death Angel.

But I think Anthrax will have the main headlining slot each night.

Though personally I'd rather it be Testament as they have my respect for always remaining thrash.

"The Ballad", "Return to Serenity", "As the Seasons Grey", "Confusion Fusion" and "Return to Serenity" are thrash???? Hmmm, I don't think so.....all good songs, but not thrash. You should get off your hang-up of good music just being "thrash".....lots of good/great music that isn't!

I don't get how Overkill, one of the most solid and consistent thrash bands EVER, are the "weak link." They put on a great live show. Only good part of them not doing the tour is that they're working on a new album but this would've been one of the best bills ever.

I have no desire whatsoever to see Exodus with Rob Dukes singing.

"The Ballad", "Return to Serenity", "As the Seasons Grey", "Confusion Fusion" and "Return to Serenity" are thrash???? Hmmm, I don't think so.....all good songs, but not thrash. You should get off your hang-up of good music just being "thrash".....lots of good/great music that isn't!

Alot of thrash bands have done non-thrash songs.

I don't get how Overkill, one of the most solid and consistent thrash bands EVER, are the "weak link." They put on a great live show. Only good part of them not doing the tour is that they're working on a new album but this would've been one of the best bills ever.

I saw them last year with Dukes and its good as long as theyre doing songs from the past.

Because the other three are better?

No way is Anthrax better then Overkill in concert. Nooooooooo way.

Someone contact Sacred Reich, Exodus does not deserve to be on this tour

I know it just seems weird and feels like they are exploiting the Exodus name just for the sake it's a popular band name. Another example is Monstrosity. Their first CD is an all time classic. The whole band left and just the drummer carrying around the name.