Testament at the metal gods tour...my experience

Jim Viola

New Metal Member
Jun 14, 2003
Pennsylvania
Visit site
hey, if anyone cares, I saw testament on friday May 2nd at BB king's club in NY...on the metal gods tour. It kicked ass...not only testament, but Carnal Forge, Amon Amarth and Immortal all put on kick ass shows....I met my bass hero, steve digorgio before the show too, and had him signe my dollar and New order t...(thast all I had for him to sign)

also, I met up with Steve Smythe and talked to him for a little while, and briefly Chuck Billy.

heres the set list...t he order may not be 100% right but they definitely did play all of these songs

Eerie Inhabitants
practice what you preach
low
chasing fear
burnt offering
DNR
true believer
Into the pit
Over the wall
three days in darkness
Disciples of the watch

it kicked ass, before Into the pit, chuck asked us to stage dive, and I was the first one too....and I did it again during over the wall too :)

I also did it a last time during disciples, before I did, I made sure that I leaned over, and yelled "OBEY!" into chuck's mic...mwahahah

yah, it kicked ass. I was relaly lucky to see that one...

oh man, Amon fucking Amarth were great. those guys are so metal, the only thing is I barely had any time to get that deeply into them before I saw them in concert, so I only recognized a few of their songs. I was right by the speaker so I couldn't hear what Johann was saying when he announced some of them..but they did play death in Fire, Versus the World, and victorious March. I would love to know what else they played, its driving me nuts...