TESTAMENT HOB Las Vegas 6-7-03 (mini review)

hiddenlegions

DISCIPLE
Sep 21, 2002
So Cal
Visit site
What a weekend! Just got back about an hour ago from Vegas and it killed! I attended both June 6th @ the HOB in Hollywood and the Las Vegas HOB show last night. After a killer friday night show by Testament , it was time to go home and get the 4 hours of sleep needed before driving 3 1/2 hours to Vegas the next day. ChaosWithoutProphecy came along with me as well on the little road trip and provided alot music for the desert drive. Thanks bud!

Testament's sound last night was clear and powerful as ever. Smyth's solos on ALL songs cut through perfect and the band had a great mix all the way around.

Johnny Tempesta was dead on for both shows. The most solid, hard hitting drumming both nights was a real treat to see again. It was great to see him behind the kit playing songs he wrote like Low and Dog Faced Gods.
The setlist for both shows was as follows.....

Eerie Inhabitants
Practice What you Preach
The Preacher
D N R
Low
Burnt Offerings
Into The Pit
Trial By Fire
True Believer
3 Days in Darkness
Over The Wall
Dog Faced Gods
Disciples

TL Board members @ this show were Deadly Embrace , TL Webmaster, ChaosWithoutProphecy , and MetalMaiden. You guys all rule and I had a great time.
Also wanna say what's up to DirtJunior. It was nice to meet you Friday. You got those pics scanned yet? :D

Special thanks to Deadly Embrace who is the metal master. It gets no more metal than this guy. Thanks DE !

Till the next Testament show ...
headbob.gif

hiddenlegions said:
ChaosWithoutProphecy came along with me as well on the little road trip and provided alot music for the desert drive. Thanks bud!

no problem man, thanks for taking me!

Testament's sound last night was clear and powerful as ever. Smyth's solos on ALL songs cut through perfect and the band had a great mix all the way around.

the sound and musicianship was incredible! smyths solos were perfect, and he looked like he was having a great time playing em, i know i would if i could play like that.

Johnny Tempesta was dead on for both shows. The most solid, hard hitting drumming both nights was a real treat to see again. It was great to see him behind the kit playing songs he wrote like Low and Dog Faced Gods.

tempesta DESTROYED. i cant remember the last time i have seen such relentless percussion, oh wait yes i can, i saw it when he played at the hollywood show on friday! i got the privilage of getting to keep tempestas autographed snare head from fridays show as well as getting hooked up from deadly embrace with some drumsticks also signed by jonny tempesta. those are for sure going up onto my wall.

The setlist for both shows was as follows.....

Eerie Inhabitants
Practice What you Preach
The Preacher
D N R
Low
Burnt Offerings
Into The Pit
Trial By Fire
True Believer
3 Days in Darkness
Over The Wall
Dog Faced Gods
Disciples

TL Board members @ this show were Deadly Embrace , TL Webmaster, ChaosWithoutProphecy , and MetalMaiden. You guys all rule and I had a great time.
Also wanna say what's up to DirtJunior. It was nice to meet you Friday. You got those pics scanned yet? :D

it was great meeting everyone from the board, everyone was way cool.i would also like to say whats up to dirt, one of the nicest metal dudes around. i had a great time thrashing with dirt at the hollywood show, especially during over the wall, when chuck noticed that there was no security up front, and then decided to invite everyone up on stage. dirt and i were some of the first to climb the barrier and jump up on stage! holy fuck what an experience that was! eric gave me the horns :headbang: when i got up on stage and i headbanged like it was 1987 for the majority of the song until i jump down off the stage.

Special thanks to Deadly Embrace who is the metal master. It gets no more metal than this guy. Thanks DE !

i would have to agree with hiddenlegions, DE is probably the most metal guy i have ever met. thanks for the backstage passes and everthing else man, you rule.

Till the next Testament show ...
headbob.gif

Both shows (LA and Vegas) rocked. Testament picked an awesome set list. I had the opportunity not only once but two nights in a row to hear all my favorite Testament songs. Special thanks to DE for everything. YOU RULE!!!!!!! It was great meeting everyone at the LA show. Hey Hidden and Chaos aren't you glad you made the drive to Vegas??? :)