Death Angel in Anaheim

hiddenlegions

DISCIPLE
Sep 21, 2002
So Cal
Visit site
Show rocked tonight. Death Angel did a nice long set that ended about 1am. I just got home and I'm tired so I'll let some one else post a review if they choose to. In attendance from the TL board tonight was Deadly Embrace , Metal Gathering, Metal Mom , ChaosWithoutProphecy , and MetalMaiden....

What's up ChaosWithoutProphecy , and MetalMaiden.... good to meet you both.

TESTAMENT NEXT FRIDAY NIGHT HOB HOLLLYWOOD
headbob.gif

hiddenlegions said:
Show rocked tonight. Death Angel did a nice long set that ended about 1am. I just got home and I'm tired so I'll let some one else post a review if they choose to. In attendance from the TL board tonight was Deadly Embrace , Metal Gathering, Metal Mom , ChaosWithoutProphecy , and MetalMaiden....

headbob.gif

good meeting you too HL. i guess ill post my review now that i awake and my hang over is less severe. i got to the venue at around 8:15 but we didnt go inside cause we had to pound our beers in the parking lot (mmmm newcastle)

once we got inside (8:45 or so) some techno/harcore band was playing. they had a ton of people on stage including some guy with turntables or maybe keyboards, either way they werent my thing. around this time i met mark, the singer of death angel in the bar. he was a real friendly guy. we talked for a bit about the band and he told me they were writing for a new album :D due out around sept . another hardcore band played, this time with a chick singer. they did ok. after their set i met hidden legions who turned out to be a cool dude. he introduced me to deadly embrace and pointed out metalmom. then the band scarred played and they were the best band so far, but they werent spectacular. the bassist was quite talented though.

after a lengthy set change, death angel finally arrived, and god damn, did they fucking kick ass!! they played a 120 min set, including ALL the classics. i was right up front and i was headbanging like a madman. i got multiple high fives from the band which is always cool. i also caught a a guitar pick sometime during the set. the ended with the song the ultra-violence( most of it) then they came back for an encore and finally closed with kill as one. mark told the crowd to sing along for the chorus and the crowd really got into it. the highlight of the show for me was when mark gave me the mic during the chorus and i got to shout KILL! AS! ONE! not one time, not two times, but THREE! times!!! it was fucking sweet. i got a high five after. what a show! i found 2 more picks on the floor after the band left.

after the show i went and got some merch ( ultra violence T) and talked to hidden legions a bit. after he took off my buddy and i hung around until the parking lot was almost empty hoping for autographs and such. we noticed no one was guarding the backstage area so we walked right in :D i got to meet everyone from death angel and they even introduced me to their hot wives. we talked to andy (the drummer) who was very cool. i asked him if he had anymore beers and he took one from some chick and gave it to me. in order to thank him i offered to smoke him and his death angel buddies out. i went and got my herb from the car and we had oursleves a nice session. everyone got kicked outta the venue at 2 am so we said our goodbyes to the band and went home. mission accomplished. :headbang: now i have 2 testament shows coming up to look forward to!

Hey HL it was great meeting you too. Hopefully at Testament we can hang out longer. The show was killer as usual. I have never been disappointed at any of their shows. Hopefully my pictures that I took turn out. Cya Friday night :)

hiddenlegions said:

headbob.gif

Thanks to Death Angel & their Manager Mike Murphy, who let me reserve the best table in the venue(Lower level box, dead center), for all us Testament Legions Board Members. We shared the seats & kept possession of our table, through all the openers, patiently awaiting Death Angel. Besides the above mentioned TL members, also in attendence was Swissman, & "Newbie" Thraxx. So we were well represented in Anaheim, & I had a great time, visiting everyone & seeing some MetaL. The Death Angel guy's are sure nice enough to share........And seeing Dreams Of Damnation, again, with their new guitar player Steve(who I had the pleasure to meet), I was impressed by their set. When are they going to get a record deal? They are ready!............See most of you next week, TL Rules!