TESTAMENT - In Portland!

Aug 14, 2002
Visit site
so who all's going to the Portland/Rosland show ?

incase i run into any of ya id like to know who you are :)
be cool to meet some die hard testament fans, like myself :D

-Necro

I just bought my ticket for the Portland show a few moments ago. I can't wait it will be interesting seeing Testament in a different state / venue. Funny thing is I still haven't seen them in the bay area. lol. Anyway, uhmmmmm what is the Roseland Theater like I have been by there many times when I've been up to Portland but have never seen a show there.

GLENN

I was there with Testament on The Practice What You Preach Tour, except that it was called Starry Night, back then, I remember a Medium sized club with a balcony, & it was good for a venue of that size. Maybe MindInsane can tell you more, she lives up there, & see's shows regularly. In fact I think she was in the pit when The Practice Tour swung by.........theres always 1 or 2 girls who can slam.........

The Roseland theater sounds like a cool place. Sounds like it's been a round a while now. I guess Roseland is the main venue for major acts to play up there. Last time I was there In March Motorhead was playing but, I didn't care to go see them and I know Iced Earth played their tour there as well. I can't see Portland have any other real venues. If there are any I dn't know where they are. It's cool to see Portland finally getting some good bands to come around. Portland isn't exactly all that modern lol.

By the way, food for thought, have you guys been to Portland Brewering Company? It's not too far from Roseland Theater, they have the best food and beer around. Even better than my favorite brewery down here, so if you guys can and have time to kill up there check that place out. It's in the industrial part of Portland downtown. I know I'll be there prior to the gig that evenig.

GLENN

Glenn...there are a lot of good venues up here..the Roseland is ok..typical dark concert hall..but good. There's a bar upstairs in the balcony area and the floor is decent size. One of the best venues up here I think is the Crystal Ballroom..saw Fear Factory there and it was killer. It's a Mcmineman's brewery-owned concert hall..which makes it awesome because I love their beer. I'll have a Rubinator please! Then there's La Luna..it's on the other side of the river..it's pretty cool too. About the same size as the Roseland...same Idea too...just a worse part of town. The list goes on..but these are probably not quite as "modern" as California......

Hey Minds, thanks for the informative info on the Roseland. I never realzied there were that many clubs downtown but La Luna across the river, is pondering me. What in the hell is acorss the river and I assume we're talking about the Columbia river? The only place where I can think of where La Luna might be is over in the industrial part of Portland over by The Rose Garden?????

Anyway, wanna meet up before hand that Friday night. I know I'll be at Portland Brewering Co. so if you want to join up that would be cool, I really need to meet some new people and make new friends while I'm up there. Of all the years I have been going to Portland I still don't know ANYONE. Then again I've never actually ventured off to a show up there either. So this is kind of exciting in some ways. Maybe it's just because it's Testament :rolleyes:

GLENN