Who should Testament tour with in 2011?

Pascal

Dec 1, 2010
Since the studio updates have been rather quiet I think this kind of post should steer up some excitement leading into 2011. If you could name one band that you would like to see Testament support who would it be and if you could name one co-headliner and one support band to open up for Testament who would they be?

The touring in support of the Formation album was mind-blowing.

Judas Priest - Heaven and Hell - Motorhead - Testament
Judas Priest - Megadeth - Testament
Testament - Unearth - Lazarus A.D.
Slayer - Megadeth - Testament

It will be very hard to beat the above but you never know what Testament have up their sleeves for their upcoming tours. I would love to see the following:

Lamb of God - Testament

Testament - Whitechapel - Daath

Testament and Overkill on the same bill....that would be incredible!

A Thrash metal wet dream.

If you could name one band that you would like to see Testament support who would it be and if you could name one co-headliner and one support band to open up for Testament who would they be?

Testament supporting: Slayer

Co Headliner:Metallica, Exodus

Support:Blind Guardian, Evile

If you could name one band that you would like to see Testament support who would it be and if you could name one co-headliner and one support band to open up for Testament who would they be?

Testament supporting: Slayer

Co Headliner:Metallica, Exodus

Support:Blind Guardian, Evile

1. Seen that combo in 91 on Seasons in the Abyss tour Oakland Ca.

2. That combo was back sort of at the Civic Center in San Francisco Ca 85.

3. Testament (H) Naplam Death / Obituary (OB)

Symbols = (OB) opening Band (H) Headlining Band

:Spam:

Testament and Overkill on the same bill....that would be incredible!

A Thrash metal wet dream.

I seen * Overkill * open for Slayer at one show and Megadeth at the other show and they kicked ass back in the early coming up days at the Stone nightclub in San Francisco Ca in the mid 1980's.

Those where the fucking great shows that old timers like me and the rest of the early 80's thrashers will never see again. This is when the bands had the hunger and was putting out some mind blowing speed metal and $$$ was not the issue all the time.

:kickass:

Flotsam and Jetsam Overkill and Exodus..Testament headlining.

I seen Flotsam and Jetsam with D.R.I and Exodus plus Ice T's Body Count at the Warfield theater in San Francisco Ca in the early 1990's.

I knew D.R.I from way back in the mid 1980's and hung out on the tour bus with them. My friend from back east knew the drummer who lived in the same apt condo that he did and he got us back stage passes from rob.

I met all of Body Count except Ice T my friend had to be the hogg that day. He had the (all access pass) but he only ran into him while he was passing down the hallway getting ready for the show because they head lined that night.

Spike bought me and my friend beer at the bar. My friend was a very late D.R.I fan. I was the one who turned him on to them in the first place.

Oink.........over all it was a very kick ass show in which you got to see a good line up of bands that all smoked like a good plate of BBQ ribs on a rack.

:worship:

If they decide to go with a pure thrash line-up I'd like to see:

Testament with Overkill and support from the younger thrash bands like Evile or Lazarus. If they take out the old school thrash bands then Exodus, Forbidden, Death Angel and maybe Flotsam & Jetsam would be a good mix.

If they were to go with a more diverse line-up then they should consider some European bands or take out some Deathcore bands like Whitechapel, All Shall Perish, or The Acacia Strain. That's a good way to get a lot of the younger generation of metalheads to the shows.