TESTAMENT: Live in London DVD press release

TESTAMENT: LIVE IN LONDON

CAPTURES THE BAND’S CLASSIC LINEUP LIVE

ON DVD AND CD ON NOV 1, 2005

NEW YORK, Oct. 18, 2005-- Eagle Rock Entertainment, the leading independent source for high quality music audio/visual programming, will release Testament: Live In London separately on DVD and CD on November 1. Recorded earlier this year on the band’s 2005 Reunion Tour, Live in London immortalizes a vicious live performance from the originators of thrash metal whose career spans the past twenty years.

Live In London captures Testament’s classic lineup for the first time since 1992: vocalist Chuck Billy, guitarists Alex Skolnick and Eric Peterson, bassist Greg Christian and drummer Louie Clemente pummel through a set of their classics, full of guttural growls, fleet-fingered solos, and double bass drum fusillades that culminate in the dynamic thrash metal epics that the band’s diehard fans swear by. Additionally, John Tempesta, longtime drummer for Testament as well as for White Zombie, subs for the first half of the set for the long inactive Clemente.

Not only does Live in London contain an unabridged metal meltdown, it also includes special behind the scenes footage of the band members reflecting on the reunion and the various paths each member has recently pursued. The DVD was filmed by Eagle Eye Productions in high definition and recorded in stereo, 5.1 and digital DTS surround.

History was written… Testament began in San Francisco as Legacy in 1983. Core members Peterson, Christian and Clemente were joined by Skolnick in 1985, when the band changed its name, and Billy in 1986. The following year saw the release of The Legacy, which was immediately hailed as a classic in the headbanging community in a time when metal reigned supreme and Testament was touted among the best along with Metallica, Anthrax, Slayer and Megadeth. 1988’s The New Order and 1989’s Practice What you Preach were similarly acclaimed, and stand as staples for all metal followers. Testament were at the front flank of the rapidly expanding thrash metal movement, culminating with a spot on 1991’s Clash of the Titans tour, alongside Slayer, Megadeth and Suicidal Tendencies.

But that same year came Nirvana’s Nevermind and the climate for heavy music changed for all species of metal, and growl-infused music crawled underground. Testament fragmented: first Skolnick left, then Clemente, and Christian departed as well in '95. Throughout the 90s, Billy and Peterson kept the band going with a variety of new members. The low point came when iconoclastic front man Billy was diagnosed with cancer.

After Billy’s complete successful recovery, Christian and then Skolnick, who had been playing with the Trans-Siberian Orchestra and his own jazz trio, rejoined in 2004. For this year’s tour, Clemente was recruited, and the classic lineup was complete.

DVD and CD Track Listing

01) “The Preacher”
02) “The New Order”
03) “The Haunting”
04) “Electric Crown”
05) “Sins of Omission”
06) “Souls of Black”
07) “Into the Pit”
08) “Trial By Fire”
09) “Practice What You Preach”
10) “Let Go of My World”
11) “The Legacy”
12) “Over the Wall”
13) “Raging Waters”
14) “Disciples of the Watch”

Damn, I can't wait to hear it.. especially "Let Go Of My World", as it was skipped every single time I saw them on this tour..

I don't know why I didn't post this here sooner, I just wanted to say that I love the CD and DVD and am glad I had the opportunity to review it. Good to see my homeboys back at it!
CHEERZ!
GOM

CLICK TO READ TESTAMENT "LIVE IN LONDON CD&DVD REVIEW!

I ordered it a couple of days ago and can't wait to put my hands on it. One thing that sucks about nowadays testament is distrinution (and promotion)- I've searched for it in many stores- big and small with absolutely no result. A vast majority of people don't buy stuff via internet and many aren't aware Testament actually released a DVD. I fear this will happen to the new album too and they might sell a ridiculously small amount of copies. Please, inform the label that there are places that weren't provided with "Live In London".

I had a CD in my hands yesterday when soulflypl came to me for a moment. Also, I`ve heard some songs, it kicks ass. One think that I do not like about that release is lack of pictures of Greggy, Louie and Johnny and not mentioning not a word about Johnny Tempesta`s drumming on that tour and that one particular concert filmed and recorded for DVD/CD.

That's a wonderful DVD- great picture, great sound, great interviews and a marvelous performance.
Here are some pros and cons of this release:
- the biggest complaint is what everyone's been complaining about- the fact that the camera doesn't focus on Alex's guitar during his solos enough, in my opinion, is abominable. I almost cried when I couldn't see him play with his playing (especially having in mind what I'd seen live just a few months earlier),
- the interviews are a very good idea and are well done, but they're way too short (Greggy, anyone?),
-really liked how the background music composes with the picture during the non-show part of the DVD ("Envy life" is a perfect feature to the Eric interview in the forest and "Return to Serenity" fits so well with the picture of the band leaving Europe after this wonderful tour),
- the setlist.. we all wish it had been longer, that's for sure. I was also a bit disappointed with the lack of surprises (that Eric promised)- it was basically what they had been playing for the last few years with a couple of songs not played in a while (but not absent from the set long enough to becalled surprising: Raging Waters, The Preacher, The Legacy) and one great surprise ("Let Go Of My World"). Much more songs needed to be dusted off, which I hope happens during their future tours (my suggestions: C.O.T.L.O.D., Do or Die, A Day Of Reckoning, Time is Coming, Nightmare, Perilious Nation, Malpractice, Face in the Sky, One Man's Fate, The Ritual, Deadline, As The Seasons Grey, Troubled Dreams or Return to Serenity). Still, it was great to see the classics played in the original line up.

High Priest Of Evil said:
I ordered it a couple of days ago and can't wait to put my hands on it. One thing that sucks about nowadays testament is distrinution (and promotion)- I've searched for it in many stores- big and small with absolutely no result. A vast majority of people don't buy stuff via internet and many aren't aware Testament actually released a DVD. I fear this will happen to the new album too and they might sell a ridiculously small amount of copies. Please, inform the label that there are places that weren't provided with "Live In London".

This is where your street team mode is supposed to come into play. :D