Live CD and DVD do out 11/01/05

levi

Aug 26, 2004
Three complete tracks from TESTAMENT's upcoming live CD, "Live in London" — "Into the Pit", "Practice What You Preach" and "Over the Wall" — have been posted online at EagleRockEnt.com.

Due on November 1 via Eagle Rock Entertainment, "Live in London" is the documentation of a dream that long-time die-hard TESTAMENT fans have been waiting for: the reuniting of the band's "classic" lineup. Featuring vocalist Chuck Billy, guitar virtuosos Eric Peterson and Alex Skolnick, bassist Greg Christian, and original drummer Louie Clemente (along with TESTAMENT and WHITE ZOMBIE alumnus John Tempesta as a second drummer), the band rips through classic TESTAMENT fan favorites in this show, shot in London earlier in 2005. This CD is the companion CD to the "Live in London" DVD.

"Live in London" track listing:

01. The Preacher
02. The New Order
03. The Haunting
04. Electric Crown
05. Sins of Omission
06. Souls of Black
07. Into the Pit
08. Trial by Fire
09. Practice What You Preach
10. Let Go of My World
11. The Legacy
12. Over the Wall
13. Raging Waters
14. Disciples of the Watch

I ordered it from Amazon. Price is pretty good !!
Hope the DVD is filled with tons of bonus ;) (documentary, ...)

The media player worked for me yesterday, but not today. It sounds awesome, it has one of the best productions I've ever heard from a live album. No surprise though, Testament always has the best production since the Gathering. Johnny's playing on Into The Pit is crazy (thank god he's on most of this album!), but surprisingly, Louie doesn't sound that bad. Over The Wall is really fast and he does the double bass well during the solo. I wish he could do those little double bass kicks (don't know the correct term for them) that Johnny does like during the opening riff to Over The Wall, but oh well.

This at least give me some hope if they record with the original lineup. I'd rather Louie be able to play fast so that's an ok sign, even though I wish Johnny was the drummer. The guy is unbelievable, he doesn't get the credit he deserves I assume because he plays with a lot of non thrash acts.

This is great news. Does anyone know if the CD is always a companion disc to the DVD or just some bonus? I hope I'll be getting both of them once they come out here.

SlayerNPG said:
The media player worked for me yesterday, but not today. It sounds awesome, it has one of the best productions I've ever heard from a live album. No surprise though, Testament always has the best production since the Gathering. Johnny's playing on Into The Pit is crazy (thank god he's on most of this album!), but surprisingly, Louie doesn't sound that bad. Over The Wall is really fast and he does the double bass well during the solo. I wish he could do those little double bass kicks (don't know the correct term for them) that Johnny does like during the opening riff to Over The Wall, but oh well.

This at least give me some hope if they record with the original lineup. I'd rather Louie be able to play fast so that's an ok sign, even though I wish Johnny was the drummer. The guy is unbelievable, he doesn't get the credit he deserves I assume because he plays with a lot of non thrash acts.

waiting for this one :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

and Johnny is a total killer especially live. :headbang:

Tyler Durden said:
I just got a confirmation E-mail that my copy of the DVD is in the post and I should have it by Monday! I'm so fucking stoked!!! I can't wait to see it! I wonder if the 'Skolnick' chant I started at the end of 'Over The Wall' made the final cut?!?!

Yes it has.:D

Woo Hoo!!! I just got it through today, and it's fuckin' awesome!!! The sound & visuals are both barbarically clear! It really brought to life the sheer intensity of their performance that night. Brings back a lot of cool memories...

I did manage to spot myself on there a few times and I now have a new desktop photo... it's great to have an ego! It will also vastly piss off my friends who's wrists were too limp to travel down to London for the show!

This DVD just proves Testament still deliver the goods, beyond a shadow of a doubt! Louie laid some serious law down on those skins! I forgot just how piledriving his kicks were...

The whole band were ablaze with metal and no mistake!

Looking forward to the new album!!!

just got mine. it's excellent.

but i wonder why they cut out the "TESTAMENT! TESTAMENT! TESTAMENT!" chants right before they came on stage. that created an intense vibe, and stupid to have cut it out.

also why the fuck whoever edited this DVD, decided it was a good idea to have shots of other stuff during alex's solos?!?! that's REALLY annoying. when it's a guitar solo i expect to have shots of the lead guitarist doing his thing- not the singer (singing nothing), or crowd shots.

does anyone else who was at the gig reckon the DVD makes the venue look way smaller? weird...

max said:
also why the fuck whoever edited this DVD, decided it was a good idea to have shots of other stuff during alex's solos?!?! that's REALLY annoying. when it's a guitar solo i expect to have shots of the lead guitarist doing his thing- not the singer (singing nothing), or crowd shots.

Yes, that's right, that would be my only complaint about the DVD...
I wish we could have seen Alex better when he's soloing !!

max said:
does anyone else who was at the gig reckon the DVD makes the venue look way smaller? weird...

it allways does but ahhhhh who cares, its a kick ass DVD all the same, and i'm on it loads which makes it even cooler. :Spin:

so are you one of the guys in the front row then?

i wish they would have more metal shows at koko. i much prefer it to the dirty, unfriendly astoria!

yeah i am on the front row, I've got long curly blonde hair and i'm standing next to a kid with a mohawk skolnick side of the stage. Theres also a picture of me in the cover with my friends on the inside cover of the CD. :Spin: