Testament Set List Feedback!!!

ms. anthrope

back off, mofo...
Feb 12, 2002
s.f. bay area
www.msanthrope.com
The band has been rehearsing songs from the more current albums to dominate the set list of future performances with just a few of the classics. We want to perform the more current material with this line up, which makes Testament progressing creatively as a band in 2010.

I’d really like some feedback from the fans who’ve seen the band live over the years to confirm what the band and I are feeling.

- Chuck Billy

Leave your comments here - The band will read what you have to say!!!

I agree 100% Chuck. Playing some of the newer material from the past 4 studio albums would be killer to hear live! I think it'll keep you guys progressing and also bring in some diversity to set list for the upcoming shows. There's so many killer songs on Low, Demonic, The Gathering and also The Formation of Damnation that you guys don't normally get a chance to play. The classics are great to hear but the newer stuff is absolutely KILLER!!! That's my 2 cents.

Hails!

Horns up!

i will see you for my 4th time on july 24th in montreal

song i'd like to hear

eerie inhabitants as intro
seven days of may

souls of black

the burning times

the new order

falling fast

henchmen ride

legions in hiding

the ballad

just hope i dont sound like a greedy fan !!

Personally, I think some more material from The Formation of Damnation would be awesome. I do love the "old" records but man, there's something about Formation that I just can't get enough of! One song that I'd looove to see live would be Shades of War from Low, it's just a fantastic song. Oh, and come back to Sweden a.s.a.p. please. :)

Make that two votes for Shades of War! The first time I saw Testament was right after Low came out when Live at the Fillmore was released. I'd already been a fan for a long time and I knew a lot of the older stuff. Something about that Low album just totally kicked my ass. It was a sound I'd never heard from you guys before. I remember the set list was chock full of tracks off that album and the show was insane! I'd love to hear a bunch of tracks off that record again to reminisce about the good ole days.

Unfortunately I won't be attending any of the concerts, unless then plan a European tour, but here are a few songs which I would like to hear.

Henchman Ride
F.E.A.R.
Legions Of The Dead
Demonic Refusal
The Burning Times
Legions (In Hiding)
Dog Faced Gods
Chasing Fear

I first saw Testament in San Diego in June of '96, not long before Greg left, and I still remember Souls of Black and Urotsukidoji back-to-back just flooring me. I also thoroughly enjoyed the Legacy set, especially with Souls of Black thrown in, at the Norva. Having seen those two shows, with very different set lists (though sharing 2 or 3 songs), I think it would be great to follow up with a set of songs just from Low through Damnation, with maybe 1 or 2 classics thrown in (possibly changing those up from one show to the next, like the extra songs on the Legacy tour).

Certainly Dog Faced Gods, Urotsukidoji, and Shades of War would be great to see. I might even have to find a way to see one of the shows on American Carnage if those were on the set, despite it not coming near Norfolk, and neither Slayer nor Megadeth having been impressive when I've seen them live.

Though I absolutely LOVE the new stuff off Formation and "The Gathering" has three of my favourite tunes of all time, I have to say, I'll miss the classics if you guys drop them from the set.

"Disciples of the Watch" is, IMO, your 'signature' song and needs to be in the set. :headbang:

I also think that much of the music from "The Legacy" is totally worthy of being in your sets. I know that I was VERY disappointed when you guys played here in Toronto and "Raging Waters" was dropped from the set at the last moment.

I know that you guys are going to do what you are going to do but, I think it'll be a great loss to not have some of those great classic songs being performed live anymore.

~ Ogre

I cannot BELIEVE you didn't play "Henchmen Ride" when you were here in Toronto!
:OMG:

I thought FOR CERTAIN that killer track would have been one of the first songs played. What gives?

~ Ogre

Completely agree with Chuck. I'd love to hear again songs like

-Low
-Legions of the Dead
-Dog Faced Gods
-DNR (I think however you've been playing this song a lot these days, which rocks)
-Sewn Shut Eyes
-Murky Waters
-Troubled Dreams
-Trail of Tears
-The Formation of Damnation
-Henchman Ride
-Jun-Jun

Among the already awesome old songs in the next gigs. It'd be great!

Formation of Damnation
More Than Meets The Eye
F.E.A.R.
D.N.R.
The Evil Has Landed

They HAVE to be played live!

Special request: Practice What You Preach

See you Aug12!

So many great songs where to start. I agree, hearing some newer/different stuff would be awesome.

Hatreds Rise (song would rip live)
Electric Crown
So Many Lies
Let Go of My World
Disciples of the Watch
Hail Mary
The Preacher
Alone in the Dark
The Evil has Landed
Afterlife
D.N.R
The Burning Times

I've seen you guys a few times, the first being in a small club in Worc MA. It was like having Testament play your living room...best show of my life, without question. Looking forward to seeing you again later this summer.

\m/

hi chuck! i'll be at ohio this summer and i would like to attend your concerts at clevland and detroit

I love;
Henchmen Ride,
Afterlife,
F.E.A.R and
The Legacy

songs too much and i want to hear them live

and last thing: im living in istanbul/turkey and we all call you as "Chuck Baba" in turkey.. that means Father Chuck :) if you hear that someone is shouting as Chuck Babaaaa! in the concerts, remember me :) we all going crazy for Testament! ;)

You are the Baba of Metal!! Testament Rocks!!

Personally, I'd like to hear The Legacy. Some of us didn't get a chance to see you on the last tour - you didn't come anywhere near Illinois. I haven't heard some of the Legacy stuff since about '88.

Make it happen and change up that setlist.

Eerie inhabitants:kickass:
Seven Days of May:worship:
Face in the Sky:headbang:
Chasing Fear
Low
The Burning Times
Riding the Snake
More Than Meets The Eye
The Evil Has Landed
Henchman Ride

I think That Testament could probably play Barry Manilow and make it metal. Demonic is a seriously under rated album. Can we get some Murky Waters thrown into this Motherf_:mad:ker! Fall of Sipledome or Legions of the Dead friggin rock! \m/:kickass: or Chasing Fear or P.C.