Testament Set List Feedback!!!

Ooh, and Return to Serenity! One of my all time favourite songs and the main guitar solo is my favourite guitar solo EVER! Just gives me goosebumps and I love that, songs like that really inspire me to improve my playing and writing.

Low, Greenhouse Effect, Practice what you preach, the preacher, souls of black, electric crown, so many lies, a BUNCH of stuff off Formation.

Do it, guys! For me!

Hey guys!
Been a fan from day fuckin one now and all i can say is GET DOWN TO FLORIDA PLEASE!!!PLAY FLORIDA!Us metalheads need a Testament show to man!Hell,i have sent e-mails to your crew asking for a Florida gig for a long ass time guys!From a fellow musician and long time fan can ya come see us this summer?

The Burning Times
Disciples of the Watch,A Must!!
The Legacy
souls of black
The Formation of Damnation
Murky Waters just to name a few!

Hell,just come play Florida and let us show you guys a PIT!! Yes INTO THE PIT is a must here man!

COME PLAY FOR THE FLORIDA FANS CHUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FLORIDA NEEDS A TESTAMENT GIG NOW!!!! BOOK US ON THIS TOUR!!!!! ALL HAIL TESTAMENT FOR US OLDSCHOOL FANS!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! COME PLAY FLORIDA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FLORIDA TOUR DATE PLEASE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you and safe travel guys!
Oldschool metal musician and Testament fan from day one!:worship:

Chuck I completely agree. Here are a few songs that I think Testament should play from your lastest albums.

Off Formation: The Evil Has Landed, title track of course, Afterlife!!

Off Gathering: Down for Life, Eyes of Wrath, 3 days in Darkness

Off Demonic: My all time favorite THE BURNING TIMES!! Incredible song!

OFF Low: Legions in Hiding & Dog Faced Gods

I also would love to hear more of Practice. This is arguably Testament's best album ever and there's a ton of great songs that never get played such as The Time is Coming, Blessed in Contempt, and Perilous Nation. This is an incredible album. I think Testament should eventually do a Practice What You Preach set tour just like you did with The Legacy.

Testament rules!!! I can't wait to see you guys in Montreal in July.

Wow now that's a tall order!so many great songs

Reign of Terror, Apocalyptic City,

Blessed In Contempt,Sins Of Omission

Falling Fast,One Mans Fate,Malpractice (the opening is sick)

P.C.,All I could Bleed,Chasing Fear,Legions In Hiding

Murky Waters! (i get chills when you say Drowning in a gauntlet!),John Doe,Jun-Jun,Distorted Lives,Ten Thousand Thrones.

D.N.R, Riding The Snake,Fall Of Sipledome,Sewn Shut Eyes.

F.E.A.R,The Persecuted Won't forget,The Formation Of Damnation,Leave Me Forever.

Tear that shit up guys! Bring the fuckin pain!!!!

I dig the idea of playing more songs from the New cd as well as some of the later era Testament cds. As far as classics a few I would like to see come back or stay in the set are:

Disciples of the Watch :headbang:

Practice What you preach

the New order

Hey Chuck, thanks for letting us put in our 2 cents !

Chuck,

I feel ANY quality/classic song have an EQUAL chance of being played. I haven't seen Testament in years and I would be SORELY disappointed if only a few of the classic songs are played in favor of the new stuff, just for the sake of playing new songs.

I never like it when bands try to force feed their fans new material just because it's new. Good songs should be played no matter if they are old or new.

I HOPE you will be playing alot of the "classics" on the 70,000 Tons of Metal Cruise since you will have 2 shows and plenty of time to play old and new songs.

I think The Formation of Damnation is a great album. BUT I don't want to hear 5-6 songs from it at the expense of NOT playing:

Into the Pit, The New Order, Trial By Fire, Disciples of the Watch, Practice What you Preach, Over the Wall or Apocalyptic City.

Thanks for asking the fans what they want, I wish more bands did this. :headbang:

I totally agree with Chuck and the band, i´ve been a fan since the release of The Formation of Damnation and just as much as I love the classics I really like when you play the most recent stuff you have! I think you should play your newer stuff for sure. I mean, The Gathering is full of great songs, just pick one and play it man. A great setlist from you guys would be an equal amount of songs from Formation, Gathering, Demonic and Low. But don´t forget the classics like Over the Wall and so on... Keep it real man! Peace.

seen them 3 times here in Vegas in the last 4 years. setlist was predictable and similar each time. wtf is the deal with The Preacher? what's so special about that song that it has to get played each and every time all the time? kind of my wish setlist:

First Strike is Deadly
Apocalyptic City
The Haunting
Eerie Inhabitants
Sins of Omission
Absence of Light(just for that solo)
Electric Crown
Dog Faced Gods
Trail of Tears
Demonic Refusal
The Burning Times
D.N.R.
Legions of the Dead
Henchman Ride

Chuck,

I feel ANY quality/classic song have an EQUAL chance of being played. I haven't seen Testament in years and I would be SORELY disappointed if only a few of the classic songs are played in favor of the new stuff, just for the sake of playing new songs.

I never like it when bands try to force feed their fans new material just because it's new. Good songs should be played no matter if they are old or new.

I HOPE you will be playing alot of the "classics" on the 70,000 Tons of Metal Cruise since you will have 2 shows and plenty of time to play old and new songs.

I think The Formation of Damnation is a great album. BUT I don't want to hear 5-6 songs from it at the expense of NOT playing:

Into the Pit, The New Order, Trial By Fire, Disciples of the Watch, Practice What you Preach, Over the Wall or Apocalyptic City.

Thanks for asking the fans what they want, I wish more bands did this. :headbang:

Yea, just end up like Maiden and countless other 'older' bands that play the same songs year in, year out. Ends up being what I call a 'greatest hit' band. Shame because I am still a fan of many of these bands but refuse to go to their gigs where tickets are pricey and I've seen it all before on more than 1 occasion.

I personally think it's a great idea to play more of the newer stuff. That doesn't mean there will be none of the 'classics'. Testament could easily rotate the classic tracks if they wanted.

Anyways, what kind of band writes awesome new music but then doesn't play most of it live?? No need to live off past glories. It's good that Testament are looking to still push forward. Anyways, these songs would be awesome to see (hope for some UK dates!!):-

The Persecuted Won't Forget (my fave from the album)
Henchmen Ride
Killing Season
F.E.A.R
The Evil Has Landed
Down For Life
Riding The Snake
Eyes of Wrath
Sewn Shut Eyes
3 Days In Darkness
Low
Dog Faced Gods
Ride
Shades Of War
The Burning Times

:headbang:

Yea, just end up like Maiden and countless other 'older' bands that play the same songs year in, year out. Ends up being what I call a 'greatest hit' band. Shame because I am still a fan of many of these bands but refuse to go to their gigs where tickets are pricey and I've seen it all before on more than 1 occasion.

I can understand not wanting to hear the same songs every single time. But that depends if you get to see the band alot or very little.

Personally I haven't seen them in years (since they opened for Slayer after Souls to Black) so I want to hear the classic songs.

I'm not against the new material. I just want the best songs played. I think Maiden playing their entire new album from beginning to end with a few of the classics is boring as sin. Very few bands live do I want to hear the entire new album live.

TFOD is an excellent record, but if they only played More Than Meets the Eye and Henchmen Ride I'd be happy with that.

You are never going to please everybody with this type of stuff. Thankfully I'll have the chance to see them play 2X in the span of 4 days in January 2011, so I'm sure they'll be playing a ton of different stuff each show.

:)

I completely respect your decision as the artist to choose to do this, and I am perfectly happy with it.

However... I must say, the more songs from Souls Of Black, the better. That is all.

My dream set list

DNR
Down For Life
Henchmen Ride
Shades Of War
Low
Dog Faced Gods
F.E.A.R
Riding The Snake
3 Days in Darkness
Chasing Fear
Legions of the Dead

If you play a set with any of these songs during the Megadeath,Slayer tour I would spend the 60 bucks in a hearts beat.

The idea is great, keep som of the classics (the preacher, disciples of the watch and so on) and do more new stuff

Open with For the Glory of... and More Than Meets the Eye and the concert is already great

Some of the songs I would like to se

D.N.R
Down For Life
Allegiance
Afterlife
The Evil Has Landed
Henchman Ride

Oh, please play Electric Crown too, it's f*ing great!
Come back to Sweden asap too!

Hi Chuck!!

I personally feel that I would love to hear stuff from recent works, expecially from Demonic, which I think is one of your best records, and more songs from the latest release as well. It kicks ass!
Go for it!

I've been to many Testament shows, starting in 1990 for the "Practice What You Preach" tour. As good as your classic stuff is, you are also a very current band and your most recent CDs--"Formation," "Gathering" and "Demonic"--are as good as anything else you've done. I wouldn't mind if those were the only albums you grabbed songs from for the next tour.

But hey, I'm in Florida, and I don't think you guys have been down here since '97 (at least in Tampa). Tampa wants TESTAMENT!

The new stuff is great but so is the old stuff. Especially as a first-time Testament concert attendee,, I wouldn't want to miss classics like Into the Pit, Disciples of the Watch, Practice What You Preach, Souls of Black, etc...

Finally seeing some Demonic songs live would be just amazing. I have been lucky enough to catch a few "The Gathering" songs on the last few tours. Here is my dream setlist if I have to cut out most of the staple songs Testament usually plays from the older albums:

1. Jun-Jun
2. New Eyes of Old
3. Hatreds Rise
4. Down For Life
5. Eyes of Wrath
6. Careful What You Wish For
7. Hammer of the Gods (Or Any Instrumental)
8. The Persecuted Won't Forget
9. F.E.A.R
10. Afterlife
11. Shades of War
12. P.C.
13 Perilous Nations
14. The Legacy or The Ballad

You figure a lot of these songs are very vocally demanding on Chuck, so why not throw in an instrumental somewhere in the middle of the set to give Chuck a quick break.