Testament to shoot video for "More Than Meets The Eye"

ms. anthrope

back off, mofo...
Feb 12, 2002
s.f. bay area
www.msanthrope.com
For Immediate Release

May 15, 2008

TESTAMENT TO SHOOT VIDEO FOR “MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE”…TESTAMENT TO BE FEATURED ON MUSIC CHOICE’S ROCK U!!!

Thrash metal giants Testament have chosen acclaimed video director Thomas Mignone (Avenged Sevenfold, Superjoint Ritual, Slipknot) to shoot the video for the first single from The Formation of Damnation, “More Than Meets The Eye.” The video will be shot in LA.

Guitarist Eric Peterson commented on the shoot: “We’re getting ready to shoot a video this weekend with director Thomas Mignone, and we’re going for a twist on ‘More Than Meets The Eye,’ where things appear one way, then turn out something different. We’re filming it all on green screen and going for the ‘300’ look. The whole band very excited about the video.”

Testament will also be featured in Music Choice's Rock U all month long during the month of June (with a re-air in July). Rock U is available on Music Choice Video On-Demand in over 31 million homes.

“In an era of disposable music, Testament has proven that they will NOT conform to anything... The Formation of Damnation is one of the best metal records in years!” - Gary Susalis (Music Choice)

Testament’s crushing new album, The Formation of Damnation, charted for the second week in a row, coming in at #150 on the Billboard Top 200. The album debuted at #59 on the Billboard Top 200, moving over 11,500 units in the first 5 days! The album is the band’s highest charting release in their 24-year history. Testament also continues to dominate the airwaves, coming in at #1 on both the FMQB and CMJ radio charts!

Testament is gearing up for a European tour in June and will return for the upcoming Metal Masters Tour in July and August in North America, where they will play alongside Judas Priest, Heaven and Hell, and Motorhead.

------

Woo-hoo! :headbang:

Cool. I personally think The Persecuted Wont Forget would be a better choice, It would rip people's heads off and there's so many riffs in it. MTMTE is a great song, but a little repetitive.

So, when is it going to be premiered? I mean it's been quite some time since they shot it and we can't wait :) BTW, I was wondering why some bands tend to release videos months after the release of the album? I understand that it might be due to the fact that they want to sustain the interest in the album and help the sales that usually drop a few months after the release, but I think that puting the video out on the first week (or even before) the release of the album would help it even more. Then the next videos (yeah, I hope they'll have 3 vids for this one like with Practice, not only More than meets the eye and Henchman) could follow with 2-month-gaps between them

So, when is it going to be premiered? I mean it's been quite some time since they shot it and we can't wait :) BTW, I was wondering why some bands tend to release videos months after the release of the album? I understand that it might be due to the fact that they want to sustain the interest in the album and help the sales that usually drop a few months after the release, but I think that puting the video out on the first week (or even before) the release of the album would help it even more. Then the next videos (yeah, I hope they'll have 3 vids for this one like with Practice, not only More than meets the eye and Henchman) could follow with 2-month-gaps between them

i'll ask! they are editing right now.

Man cant wait to see the new vid holy shit its been a long time since Testament did a video.

I just saw a Nightwish video somewhere and thought- man they're on the same label, so I checked and the video was released two months ago- over a month before their album came out (the album, in turn, came out over a month after TFOD). Why do we have to wait so long for the TestAmenT video? I mean, they've had great promotion for this album from NB, why spoil it with not airing the video earlier than two months after the album was released?

OK, so it's been over two weeks again since the last post here and almost two months since the initial message. I know I'm nagging, but doesn't anyone else have the feeling it's taking way to long? I mean, it's been shot such a long time ago, how long can one edit a 4 minute movie? (even if it's supposed to be a real piece of art, which it probably isn't, 'cause it's just a metal videoclip) From the commercial point of view it's already lost a major part of its effect (who airs the first video 3 months after the album release?), but I think there are a lot of fans that would love to see it nevertheless. Can we see the video, please?:D