Testament to shoot video for "More Than Meets The Eye"

^ :rolleyes: yeah.

And I don't think a video is "just" a video as High Priest of Evil said. You apparently have no idea how much work (and money) it takes to do a music video.

Not all of them are works of art, certainly, but I've seen a lot that definitely are. Monochromatic Stains by Dark Tranquillity is a piece of art, and I'm not being just a fanboy there.

It's better to take time with the video then to release a piece of crap, just like with an album.

I think the video should have come out first.If you want to keep interest in an album..well that's why you put out more then one video.If you are worried about a crappy video and I completely understand that, put out a live one Testament is sure as hell good enough for that.Hell that's the way I would go if I was them.It would show all those bitches that don't really know them what a real metal band sounds like.

Yeah I agree, the video should have been released at the same time or before the album release. A music video would be much better promotion for an up and coming release than just some internet news and Myspace music.

There's not as much use for one after it's been released (unless its for artistic purposes, which Testament's obviously isn't)

maybe the record company wouldnt commit to video b4 until they saw it open at #59 on US charts.

^ :rolleyes: yeah.

And I don't think a video is "just" a video as High Priest of Evil said. You apparently have no idea how much work (and money) it takes to do a music video.

Not all of them are works of art, certainly, but I've seen a lot that definitely are. Monochromatic Stains by Dark Tranquillity is a piece of art, and I'm not being just a fanboy there.

It's better to take time with the video then to release a piece of crap, just like with an album.

Well, you apparently have no idea why bands (and labels) release videos in the first place :rolleyes:
I know there's work and money required, but like I said it's only four minutes of movie. How expensive can that be and how many months does this require? I'm not saying they should release a piece of crap, but over 2,5 months is enough time to make a couple of high quality videos- especially that the first one wasn't supposed to be a concept video or anything- just the band playing with some special effects. Besides, bands have been releasing videos for a couple of decades and it's not an exceptional thing to release a video these days, even for a metal band (much smaller and poorer bands release good videos without delays). Why waste money on releasing a video many months after the album was released and is not "hot" anymore, so it won't get much airplay.
I thought it was kinda obvious that from a commercial point of view you release one video before, along with or very soon after the album is released to promote it hard on the first days (to get airplay, magazine coverage, soundscan and billboard success) and then release more videos after a month or two to sustain the airplay and interest in the album..Some don't seem to get it, apparently.

I agree with what redfly, Mean Machine and SlayerNPG said
:kickass:

The video should've been released shortly after the album, but well the album didn't do bad at all (IMO), so I guess it wasn't really necessary.

Maybe this "delayed" release will help the sales more :) .

it could have done better, don't you think?

Any update on the official release of this video? I think it would make perfect sense to get it out just before the Metal Masters tour and then get the second video out later in the year just to keep the sales drive rolling.

Looking very forward to seeing both of these videos.

hello me it's me again:p
I've been wondering if Eric or anyone gave some info on it. It's been 3,5 months since the release of the album and still no word about the video. Pretty strange, to be honest.