Testament Tour Dates 2008

I wish the guys would play more tunes from the new record. Two is a little light.

Along with the set lists staples of More than Meets the Eye and Henchmen Ride, toss out Trail of Tears and Three Days in Darkness for The Evil Has Landed and Dangers of the Faithless.

Not all the time, but a rotation would be cool.

I was really fortunate to see "The Evil Has Landed" in SF, and I haven't seen it listed much on the rest of the tour...

Yeah, some rotatation would be welcome- for both old and new songs (man, where's Killing Season and F.E.A.R.?). Eric announced they'd be playing "A day of reckoning", "The burning times" and "Do or Die" among others when they play in Poland (in a week) and I haven't seen either of them in the setlists of recent shows (and I doubt they wanted to inlclude them only in the Polish setlist)- I'm begining to fear that "Trail of Tears" and "Apocalyptic City" (otherwise, very surprising and ultra-cool to hear) will be the only big changes for years to come. Hopefully not, 'cause they've been together for quite some time again, sound great and tight live and should be totally confident about playing ANY song they ever recorded, not just the overplayed "classics from the first two records". I read in some interview (before the SF shows with Sadus, Laaz and VR) that they had rehearsed some 40 songs and that the setlists will vary significantly from each other. Well, we all know that never happened, so let's hope it'll hapen now. There's still a week left 'til the gig I'm planning to attend, so perhaps they'll rehearse and relove some of the old gems (like "The Sermon", "All I Could Bleed", "Time is Coming", "One Man's Fate", "As the Seasons Grey", "Nightmare", "Falling Fast", "Chasing Fear" and a dozen others they haven't played in way over a decade or even ever!). Let's keep our fingers crossed

Yes sound was terrible but performance was great.

Set-list:

1. Over The Wall
2. Into The Pit
3. Apocalyptic City
4. Practice What You Preach
5. The New Order
6. More Than Meets The Eye
7. Electric Crown
8. Low
9. Trail Of Tears
10. Henchman Ride
11. Souls Of Black
12. The Preacher

Encore:

13. D.N.R. (Do Not Resuscitate)
14. Three Days In Darkness
15. Alone In The Dark
16. Disciples Of The Watch

Pics from Moscow concert

210621155709_Testament-36.jpg

All pics are here
http://www.headbanger.ru/reports.php?id=786&show_img=1
(с)photos by Dmitry "Ward" Kulikov
(HeadBanger.ru)

great pics!!!
one of the best live-pics I ever saw.. :kickass:

I was looking quite forward to seeing them play in St. Louis. Why did they cancel?

I can't wait to see Testament live in the rialto theater when they play in Tucson. I had the first three Testament albums and tapes;that was back in the daze.:OMG:They're thrash legends like Destruction who i saw at the Rock.Actually,they bigger and better:worship: than Destruction:kickass: I only wish I could find a way to get see Priest and Motorhead at the Cricket Pavillion in Phoenix. I never seen Priest which seems a sin. I almost saw Motorhead at the houses of Blues back in New Orleans.Testament is one of the main 5 thrash band Gods on earth. Unless, you are counting Kreator. But,as far American San Francisco classic thrash metal goes; Testament is in the same class as Slayer,Megadeth, Anthrax and Metallica:zombie::Smokin:

Anyone have any idea if Testament will be earlier in the day for The Monsters of Rock in Calgary? On what looks like the playbill they have Cavalera Conspiricy & Voivod playing after them, and I guess I must not be "with it" but I'd had expected Testament a little farther up the billing then they are suggesting.
I can't believe I finally get to see them again, twice in one weekend because we're going to the show in Edmonton on Sunday.

got my tickets for the melbourne show the other week! can't bloody wait!!!! so excited!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

and ^^^^ why you no longer post on melband? :p

any idea of what the set list may be?

I saw Testament on the JP/Heaven & Hell show. It was good to see the band again, just wished they played longer than a half hour.