Be still, O wand'rer!
Apr 26, 2002
www.royalcarnage.com
No, it's not one of our band polls... :p

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
June 17, 2005

ORIGINAL LINEUP OF TESTAMENT WILL PLAY THRASH AGAINST
CANCER; 4 MORE BANDS ADDED TO THE BENEFIT

SAN FRANCISCO - The original lineup of Testament will headline the Thrash Against Cancer benefit, which will be held at The Pound’s amphitheatre on Saturday, July 9. This will be their first show in San Francisco since 1993 with the classic lineup that recorded “The Legacy.”

Brocas Helm, Dreams Of Damnation (featuring former Dark Angel guitarist Jim Durkin), Agent Steel, and Dekapitator (featuring Andy Maniac and Matt Hellfiend of Exhumed) have recently been added to the bill.

HIRAX, Laaz Rockit, Vicious Rumors, and Mudface (Death Angel guitarist Ted Aguilar’s side project), original Anthrax vocalist Neil Turbin and his band Deathriders, Imagika, will also lend their support to this historic event. Steve “Zetro” Souza, ex-vocalist for Bay area thrash bands Legacy and Exodus, will emcee the benefit.

"To see these bands coming out of the woodwork lending their support to this benefit - some with their original lineups and some who haven't played together in years - makes me proud to be a part of the Bay area scene," said Testament vocalist Chuck Billy. "This benefit for Keith Regan's family has been a long time coming and I'm pleased not only that the show is finally coming to life, but that it's turned into a major event with volunteers, bands, and businesses alike doing what they can to help out. You don't have to be a metal fan to come out to The Pound and give your support to help families who have been affected by this terrible disease."

Proceeds from Thrash Against Cancer will aid in the financial recovery of families dealing with life-altering medical diagnoses.

Among the families that will benefit from the concert are Keith and Brandy Regan, whose son, Cole Regan, was born with cancer (leukemia/AML) and survived until just three months short of his second birthday. The show will also help other families who have who have children with pediatric cancer and are in severe need of help.

Tickets for Thrash Against Cancer benefit are $40 in advance and are available through Ticketfusion.com and at The Pound SF’s box office (415-826-5009), as well as www.poundsf.com. Ticket price includes a barbecued item, a beer or soda, and a raffle ticket. Halo Guitars has donated a guitar for the raffle, and some of the bands will be donating their personal gear to be raffled off as well.

www.thrashagainstcancer.com

Testament (with Skolnick) & Brocas Helm at the same show? Oh yeah.... :kickass:

Believe it or not, I don't think I've ever heard any Agent Steel. What kind of speed metal am I missing out on?

:OMG: :OMG: :OMG: :OMG:

:Spin: :Spin: :Spin: :Spin:

THAT FUCKING RULES

JayKeeley said:
Believe it or not, I don't think I've ever heard any Agent Steel. What kind of speed metal am I missing out on?

the kickass kind with aliens and good music.

EDIT: I'll upload a song =)

PS: again, HOLY FUCKING SHIT I WANT TO GO TO THIS

EDITEDIT: Dekapitator fucking rules by the way.

al lineup of Testament will headline the Thrash Against Cancer benefit, which will be held at The Pound’s amphitheatre on Saturday, July 9. This will be their first show in San Francisco since 1993 with the classic lineup that recorded “The Legacy.”

Brocas Helm, Dreams Of Damnation (featuring former Dark Angel guitarist Jim Durkin), Agent Steel, and Dekapitator (featuring Andy Maniac and Matt Hellfiend of Exhumed) have recently been added to t

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Inch Man
art > artists

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconoclastic Tendencies
we'll see where the winds of beer take me.he bill.

HIRAX, Laaz Rockit, Vicious Rumors, and Mudface (Death Angel guitarist Ted Aguilar’s side project), original Anthrax vocalist Neil Turbin and his band Deathriders, Imagika, will also lend their support to this historic event. Steve “Zetro” Sou

Still kicking myself for not traveling to see them at JAXXROXX a few weeks ago or at the Louder-Harder-Faster 3 day thing in Allentown,PA. I hope the original members do some new material that would be sweeeet... Have not seen Skolnick's Jazz outfit yet; but plan to. Seen Skolnick on 2 TSO tours and he flat out rips!

Cyclone Empire has announced the official re-releases (on CD and LP) of the first three albums by death metal legends CANCER.

p17tmb4nuntvu1c121a8drt1i3q4.jpg

The releases are fully authorized and supported by the band and will come with loads of bonus material and liner notes. Moreover all three albums will be re-mastered and get a revised cover artwork.

"Long overdue releases, good to see'em back out there. Featuring John Tardy, Glenn Benton and James Murphy and a lot of gore flick influence in the capable hands of Scott Burns and Simon Efemey. We are very pleased that the first CDs are coming out again, hopefully we will reach new fans that have not heard Cancer.", states the band.

Testament was sought for comment on the re-releases, while no official statement was given, though dissatisfaction over potentially depreciating the value of the first presses in their collection was apparent in the band's overall aspect.

Expect a release in fall/winter 2013.