testament vs iron maiden

I dont really think its a fair contest.
MAIDEN and TestAmenT play very different styles of "metal"
I am a HUGE fan of IRON MAIDEN's first 5 releases:
(Iron Maiden, Killers, Number of the Beast, Piece of Mind (I still think the TROOPER riff is the best EVER) and Powerslave) and I personally think that these 5 records hold up as the very best HEAVY METAL albums of all time.
(with of course the Ronnie James Dio SABBATH lps heh heh heh)
Anyway, as far as what these 2 bands are doing PRESENTLY, I much prefer TestAmenT, but again your comparing speed / thrash metal to traditional heavy metal. Just my 2 cents.

Whats interesting is that when TestAmenT released their first record MAIDEN were past their peak and were on a downhill fall from grace with Somewhere in Time. While this as well as everything to follow did have some great tunes, nothing has ever been anywhere near as amazing as those 1st 5 records.
As far as wearing tights goes, Its funny how everyone always caught slack for that aside from the Maiden men.
IMO those guys could do nothing wrong between 80+85
"you cont play 'eavy metl with synthesizers" - Bruce Dickinson (Behind the Iron Curtain video) just prior to recording Somewhere in Time.....Oh really now Bruce?......hmmmm?

Originally posted by HUNGER OF THE UNDEAD
I dont really think its a fair contest.
MAIDEN and TestAmenT play very different styles of "metal"
I am a HUGE fan of IRON MAIDEN's first 5 releases:
(Iron Maiden, Killers, Number of the Beast, Piece of Mind (I still think the TROOPER riff is the best EVER) and Powerslave) and I personally think that these 5 records hold up as the very best HEAVY METAL albums of all time.
(with of course the Ronnie James Dio SABBATH lps heh heh heh)
Anyway, as far as what these 2 bands are doing PRESENTLY, I much prefer TestAmenT, but again your comparing speed / thrash metal to traditional heavy metal. Just my 2 cents.

I agree...they are very different but remember, it's the final round!
and it's such a great too see testament at final round!

I do love maiden, too; but u know, they are maiden
they're always big men
but I think testament never got the value they've deserved till low album
their name was always remembered after the bands like slayer, metallica, megadeth etc..
and it's hard to take that:cry:

I know probably they never reach maiden's votes
(there are 88 votes for maiden and just 28 votes for testament now..28 votes!! that's all??? I wanna cry:cry: ..)

so, I wanna see testament wins

Maiden vs Sabbath would be interesting. They both had some amazing records as well as some really sucky ones.
Both bands have ruled and drooled on and off over the years.

"What do you say to the dead?" Black Sabbath "After All (the dead)"

Originally posted by HUNGER OF THE UNDEAD
Maiden vs Sabbath would be interesting. They both had some amazing records as well as some really sucky ones.
Both bands have ruled and drooled on and off over the years.

"What do you say to the dead?" Black Sabbath "After All (the dead)"

in my opinion manowar vs iron maiden could be more fair
or black sabbath vs led zeppelin
or testament vs megadeth

heh, I like ManOwaR but they cant stand up to the mighty Maiden men of 80-85.
Sabbath vs Zeppelin.....hmmm.....I dont think thats a fair match either. Personally I think Led Zeppelin are the very best rock band ever. (not my favorite mind you, but indeed the best.)
Sabbath were metal.
TestAmenT vs Megadeth huh? Thats both interesting and tough.
They have both had some absolutely devastating songs and also some pretty lame ass sucky ones as well.
Its a toss up for me.