TGCD drumming

Hypnos

steck ihn nei!
Feb 5, 2002
Visit site
did anyone notice how outstanding Daniel's drumming on TGCD is?
take 'July' for example. simply brilliant!

Discouraged+One said:
ok but do we have to post a thread for each aspect of the cd or can we just talk about it in a single thread???

-bass in TGCD
-drums in TGCD
-??????
This forum has a tradition of starting new threads for pretty much any little thing..

But the guy is right, Daniel's drumming is excellent on the album, I really hope he'll play like that live now too, cause in the past I've noticed a bit too much difference between the album and live drumming, I've always found him a much better drummer on albums than live honestly.. And I don't mean ability-wise, but more style-wise.

@Daniel:

I did mention your playing briefly in my review of the album over at www.metalnyheter.se but I could easily have written the whole review just based on how much I like the drumming on it :) As an old drummer myself I have to say that you're among the most inspired drummers out there.

Ta!

Discouraged+One said:
ok but do we have to post a thread for each aspect of the cd or can we just talk about it in a single thread???

-bass in TGCD
-drums in TGCD
-??????

Daniel has done a great job on this album and a thread about it is well deserved!

PRAISEPRAISEPRAISE :headbang:

And honestly, I'd rather have a thread about every single aspect of TGCD than any more top whatever favorit something mentioning names most depressing similar bands threads... :yuk:

Cis said:
And honestly, I'd rather have a thread about every single aspect of TGCD than any more top whatever favorit something mentioning names most depressing similar bands threads... :yuk:
Agreed v.v

Everything about the drumming on TGCD has already been said ... I can just agree... it's gorgeous...

I think my favorite drumming is on Follower. Almost proggressive in a way. There's also more of that on Viva.

Well hails and grim salutations!!!111

Im all for Jonas' drumming too, and I think that his style helped set the mood for older style Katatonia. Now that their sound is evolving, I think that Daniel's style is better fitting and makes the music much more dynamic. I love his grooves and just his over all style :loco: I think it's much better suiting to their new sound. One of my favoirte drummers! :worship:

discouraged ones and brave murder days drummings are simple but beautiful
simple guitar riffs simple drums, it feels like all the katatonia members were catatonic while they were recording in the studio..

and now Daniel's drummings fit damn well with Katatonia's new progressive style of music..

These guys really know what they are doing..

I'm a drummer, and the drumming on Great Cold is what stands out to me the most. Much more than previous Katatonia albums.