gear question for Daniel L.

s0nspark

a ghost in the system
Jan 11, 2007
First, the schmoozing: I must say that the drumming (playing and production) on TGCD is awesome! I listen to all kinds of music, but there have been very few CDs where I truly feel the drumming is perfect - perfect for the song yet interesting and emotional - and you nailed it on TGCD ... Great job!

Now for my question :) Would you mind sharing some details or pictures of your current gear? I'm particularly curious as to how your kit is set up and what cymbals you use...

Thanks much!

there is a picture of daniels kit when he was recording TGCD

Official Katatonia web site | Various Photos | www.katatonia.com

Cool - thanks for the link ... I was guessing he plays a 5-piece kit - now I know. :) Interesting that they used what appear to be DDrum triggers, as well...

and here is a list of his cymbals:

PAISTE RUDE | Hi-hat 14"
PAISTE RUDE | Crash 17"
PAISTE RUDE | Crash 18"
PAISTE RUDE | Crash 19"
PAISTE RUDE | Crash/Ride 20"
PAISTE RUDE | China 18"
PAISTE DIMENSIONS | Splash 8"
PAISTE DIMENSIONS | Splash 10"

Hmm ... that doesn't really match the studio pic - maybe it is an old list?

Anyway, thanks much for the reply!

uppifrn.jpg

This is from new years so it´s as fresh as it gets...cheerz.

Cool picture, Daniel! I'd definitely say that my award for "best-drumming-on-an-album-of-2006" goes to you for A Great Cold Distance. All your fills and beats were not only very creative and varied, but fit the songs perfectly. Did you come up with all the drumming parts yourself, or did you have any help?

oh i do have a question for daniel actually, i was watchin the black sessions live dvd last night and in the performance you are using both zildjian and paiste cymbals. just wondering at the time where you being endorsed by both companies or where you just trying them out? and where they the cymbals used on Viva Emptiness

I have a question for DANIEL!!!

I really need a drummer for saturday night to do some covers, I'm sure you need a break from all that intense drumming so how about coming down to the country for a break and a bit of a laff?

Please!

Go on I don't know any good drummers and you know you'll have a great time, local country totty and all that!

i came up with most of the fills on TGCD but with a lot of help and ideas from Blakki and Jonas...couldnt/wouldnt record without them in the studio...and as for the question about cymbals...they are the same ones as i played on VE...i wasnt endorsed back then so i just bought what i could afford...hehe