Question for david

WhiteBeastofWotan

Apostitutes!
May 22, 2003
Philly
Visit site
I was listening to Against the Seasons earlier and i decided i really like the guitar sounds. It's quite perfect for black metal actually. Anyway on to the question: I know you didn't play guitar on that album, but do you know what guitars and gear were used? Soon I'm going to get a second guitar, and I'd like to emulate some of my favorite black metal bands with the sound, and i have no idea what to get.

We actually used my BC Rich Warlock on "Against the Seasons", with the original factory pickups in it (I have since put a 'James Hetfield' EMG-60 in the Warlock for the recording of "Woods 3"). I've actually been considering selling that guitar lately, as I mostly play my Gibson SG these days and I also have my eye on a couple new thrasher guitars I'm interested in. I just hate for it to just lie there in it's case when someone could be making good use of it (making black metal history maybe :) )

I don't remember what amp we used...but it was an amp head and a 4x12 cabinet combo in a closet (isolation booth).