TGCD is in a word FUCKING BRILLIANT!

After a day of more or less active listening I gotta say that TGCD is a very good album indeed. It's not such an instant hit as LFDGD was, from which I had noticed my favourite songs after one or two spins. But this is different. I can't yet say if it's better or worse than Katatonia-album "X", since I haven't listened to it enough or grown into it yet (I don't understand how some of you can be sure that this is better than for example Viva or Last Fair Deal only after a few days of listening). But I bet this will be one of the best albums this year.

TGCD definitely isn't just some background-noise, but something to really concentrate to. Tomorrow I'll go for a walk alone and listen carefully, and we'll get to know each other better. :)

Favourite bits so far: Always-oh-so-great My Twin, Leaders, Deliberation, July and In The White.

And maybe I can find a place for those Kata-postcards on my wall, I can't seem to be able to decide where to put them... :p

Snapper suck balls! Ordered mine ages ago hoping to get it on the release day, still not here! Seen it in the record store today

jptk said:
Snapper suck balls! Ordered mine ages ago hoping to get it on the release day, still not here! Seen it in the record store today
Yeah same here, freakin' annoying.

Cause here in Holland the release date is 20, not 13. So I'd have to wait even longer then.

The Great Cold Distance is simply great... Excellent lyrics & sound, and an awesome artwork (especially the black CD). I'm very impressed. Thanx Katatonia! 1st of May 2006... I will see you in Berlin! :headbang:

Goddamnit.. This is pure beauty, I can't describe it, everything just fits perfectly, the lyrics, the music, fuck man, THIS ALBUM IS SO FUCKING GREAT!

(sorry for the lots of comma's)

The new album.. I've been listening to it for months now (got the promo for review) and still can hardly find words for what's called emotional dependence, was simply caried away by this masterpiece. Won't bother with discussing the details, at least not now, just wanna let it flow through my veins once more...
Who on earth could top this?!

Some opinions I have to say about this new Kata release:

The artwork tonality just doesn't fit the overall feeling of the record...please note, the artwork is brilliant but ,in particular, the colour red is out of place, IMO.

Lyrics : I've noticed that this time the lyrics are much more complex and refined, BUT much less emotive. Those words describe something to which I found difficult to relate. For example, in VE , when I listen to each song I create a picture in my mind, but this time I can't relate to those lyrics at all.
AND, this ISN'T the case of "displaced" & "dissolving bonds" : those 2 songs really incarnate the spirit of the Katatonia that I'm used to love, because it speaks directly into the heart.

Well, the production is very good, but, for now (i can always change opinion) the 3 songs featured in the MCD single delivers the same quantity of emotions that those delivered by the hole 12 TGCD' songs!
Hope i can change this opinion.... :(

Maybe I'm wrong, but in my eyes it looks like there's not so much talkin' here about the new record...
can be because many still haven't got it yet, or is it because TGCD is , in some aspects, a bit disappointing in regards to what we were expecting?

I think it's a good record, but not excellent like the last 3

Migs said:
Maybe I'm wrong, but in my eyes it looks like there's not so much talkin' here about the new record...
can be because many still haven't got it yet, or is it because TGCD is , in some aspects, a bit disappointing in regards to what we were expecting?

I think it's a good record, but not excellent like the last 3

People are talkin about it, its just broken up into different threads.
I love it, couldnt find a bad word to say about it.

It's fucking awesome!! I didn't like it after first two listenings but, when I heard it for the 5th time - ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!