Thanks a lot Canada, fuck you.

Maybe so, but why would the government be the one telling people they can't? Just have the parents do their job, and this isn't an issue.

What's so wrong with having the government involved?

Pedophilia is against the law, so you might as well have the government looking into things that lead to it.
And as said previously, unless there's sexual shit involved, the guy isn't going to get prosecuted.

Srsly mort, stop being butthurt about this, and just find a legal girl that looks younger.

Yeah, I get what you're saying, but then they shouldn't be letting their kids sit in front of the computer for all hours. Most social networking sites and stuff don't allow children anyway, they're only there because they lied about their age. If MySpace was popular when I was like 12, for example, I wouldn't have been allowed to have one. Period.

Obviously things could still happen, parents can't control everything their kids do, etc. But I think you have to take at least some responsibility for how your kids are occupying their free time.

Some parents are retarded though.

Either way, for example if you let your kids go outside by themselves, or even walking home from the school bus, does that mean you are to blame if something happens to them? The answer is no most of the time.

The article paints the law in a different light than the way that I interpret it. From my understanding, the law does not make it a crime for an adult to talk to a child, but rather there must be some evidence that the adult is taking advantage of the child in some way or another. But the link seems to come from some pederastic site that Mort Divine evidently frequents, so I'm not overly surprised.

What's so wrong with having the government involved?

Pedophilia is against the law, so you might as well have the government looking into things that lead to it.
And as said previously, unless there's sexual shit involved, the guy isn't going to get prosecuted.

Srsly mort, stop being butthurt about this, and just find a legal girl that looks younger.

my girlfriend just turned 18 today so it isn't even that.

Some parents are retarded though.

Either way, for example if you let your kids go outside by themselves, or even walking home from the school bus, does that mean you are to blame if something happens to them? The answer is no most of the time.

Oh, of course not, but I do think there's something to be said for feeling like you at least did all you could to avoid the situation. Like I said, there's always the chance of something bad happening to your kid because nobody can follow their kid around 24/7. I just think more emphasis should be placed on parents teaching their kids how to avoid bad situations so it's not as likely to happen. You know, even along the lines of, if what you're doing feels like it could get you in trouble if somebody found out, it's probably not a good idea.

And I don't mean to throw it all in the parents' lap, it's just that more and more, they seem to be allowed to blame it on somebody else. I work in an airport where I watch parents on a daily basis let their kids run and scream and even climb on the luggage belts and shit, and I'm always thinking I wouldn't have dreamed of doing that at their age. I know that's going way beyond what we're talking about here, but when parents don't address stuff like this when they're little, why would the kids respect their authority when they're older either?

I'm thinking the article might misconstrue what exactly the law refers to, though. The way it's translated here mainly worries me because it seems like a lot of time would be wasted investigating insignificant cases while real predators are still out there doing their thing. IDK.

Juries aren't going to convict people unless there's a clear actual sexual motive, in which case they deserve it, so while I think this goes too far, it's really not the end of the world.

You do realize that the idiocy of juries does expand beyond just America's borders, right?

No parent wants their underage kids talking to or interacting with adults offline or online, unless they are a qualified teacher/caretaker in a public setting.

Noone wants their kid going online and having secret conversations with grown men/women. Regardless of what the topic is.

SO does that mean that if there are any underage teenage boys or girls into metal music on this forum should not in any way shape or form be aloud to post or PM about gigs or bands or advise on what to buy... thats just fucking stupid!

people need to chill the fuck out seriouly!... teach your kids the right values, not to meet randoms on the internet "stranger danger" crap and of course assess what they are doing while on the internet, dont let them have a free for all,

**personal opinon only!

SO does that mean that if there are any underage teenage boys or girls into metal music on this forum should not in any way shape or form be aloud to post or PM about gigs or bands or advise on what to buy... thats just fucking stupid!

people need to chill the fuck out seriouly!... teach your kids the right values, not to meet randoms on the internet "stranger danger" crap and of course assess what they are doing while on the internet, dont let them have a free for all,

**personal opinon only!

Metal Wrath has a point.

It's ok if you talk to kids because you're a female.

what do you care

Two friends and I were driving and some dude was walking down the street with a kid and a friend of mine almost wanted to beat the shit out of the guy assuming he was a pervert.

IT'S 2009

Kids should not be able to post on message boards. ban hammer