Thanks and a wrap up from Da Bear

Bear

Got Shred??
Feb 6, 2002
Canton, Georgia
Just been trying to catch up on some rest and marinate on the awesome event that took place last weekend. From the first note from Norifumi's blistering riffage to the final beat of Portnoy's drum it was a weekend that I will never forget. I need to personally thank my cohorts in Dave Hatchell and Eric Boles. While we have our moments form time to time, from the get go everything ran way better than I could have imagined, thank you very much gentlemen it is an honor to work with you both, and now I know that we have no boundaries that will limit the future of this festival and the potential for Bay Area Rock Promotions.

I also want to formally thank our great crew and all the people that helped us out to make sure things went smooth. The crew!! What can I say; these guys are top notch and are always welcomed to be a part of Bay Area Rock Fest for as long as we do it. Thank you very much, Marc, Scott, Henry, Chris, Mark, Leah, Keith S, Alina, Jax, Daffodil, Damien, Greg P and all the other cool people that helped out! Also to the guys at the Independent, they totally rocked it out to help us in every way possible!

I am very happy for all the performances that took place. For Friday Night!! Concerto Moon totally kicked massive ass and started the fest off with a thunderous bang. What a very cool bunch of guys as well, while we had a language barrier it really shows that music will always cut through that, hats off to Concerto Moon and hopefully it will not be to long before they are back in the states as they totally destroyed!!! Also want to thanks Chiaki Hinohara who was CM's interpreter for the weekend and a very cool cat, thank you for helping us out!

Rocket Scientist I knew very little before going in but was pleasantly surprised by their great performance. Mr Erik Norlander was a true gentleman and very cool cat as were all the guys from Rocket Scientists. It was a great pleasure to meet Lana Lane and her beautiful voice as well, great show…

Enchant. What can I say, true professionals and great musicians. I feel that was the best out of the three performances we have done together and I truly hope to see these guys get some invites to other festivals as they put on a top notch show!!! Thanks to Doug for being very gracious and adaptable to funky situation as well. Thank you! Doug, Ed, Bill Sean & Ted.

Jeff Scott Soto, what else can I say, great performance from a great front man. Seeing Dave Meniketti and Phil Kennemore from Y&T tear it up on out stage was a true awesomeness. Also a big hats of to Eric Martin for coming down and rocking it out for us all!!!! A great solid night of kick ass Rock & Prog!!!

On to Saturday. We all knew going in this would be a special night. Starting off with my personal pick and choice for the festival, Darkwater. David was very happy to oblige me in bringing them over from Sweden. Just want to send massive kudos to the guys Markus, Henrik, Tobias, Magnus and Karl. What a kick ass way to start off Saturday night. Darkwater plays with a ton of passion and totally kicked off the evening with a very powerful set!!

Sun Caged…Well having known Marcel online for many years and being a huge fan of his former band Lemur Voice, I knew what kind of guitar hero was among us and he definitely showed his awesome skill set and blistering rhythms and leads with a very awesome performance. The whole band was dead on, tight and very powerful. The highlight of the entire fest for me was the Lemur Voice song Intuition that they play flawlessly and actually I think that Paul Adrian Villareal might have been channeling Gregoor Van Der Loo that night, because it was an AMAZING vocal performance as well. Massive kudos to Sun Caged.

On to our great friends in Zero Hour. They were spot on again as usual. A very powerful and tight set showcasing the bands new album The Dark Deceiver…It was really great to hear some new badass riffage coming out of them, some of the new songs really blew me away…Many thanks to the band for being the coolest cats on the planet!!!

Liquid Tension Experiment!! What do I need to say? I mean if you know who they are and know what these guys can do, they did it and then some. I made a few comments on how my brain was melted about halfway through their set, its true. They are maniacs!! It was really an honor working with them still, they are the best of the best…

So that is a wrap of sorts, I am a fan first and foremost so I am biased as well, forgive me…I really cannot wait to start working on Bay Area Rock Fest III

Cheers

Bear

Just been trying to catch up on some rest and marinate on the awesome event that took place last weekend. From the first note from Norifumi's blistering riffage to the final beat of Portnoy's drum it was a weekend that I will never forget. I need to personally thank my cohorts in Dave Hatchell and Eric Boles. While we have our moments form time to time, from the get go everything ran way better than I could have imagined, thank you very much gentlemen it is an honor to work with you both, and now I know that we have no boundaries that will limit the future of this festival and the potential for Bay Area Rock Promotions.

I also want to formally thank our great crew and all the people that helped us out to make sure things went smooth. The crew!! What can I say; these guys are top notch and are always welcomed to be a part of Bay Area Rock Fest for as long as we do it. Thank you very much, Marc, Scott, Henry, Chris, Mark, Leah, Keith S, Alina, Jax, Daffodil, Damien, Greg P and all the other cool people that helped out! Also to the guys at the Independent, they totally rocked it out to help us in every way possible!

I am very happy for all the performances that took place. For Friday Night!! Concerto Moon totally kicked massive ass and started the fest off with a thunderous bang. What a very cool bunch of guys as well, while we had a language barrier it really shows that music will always cut through that, hats off to Concerto Moon and hopefully it will not be to long before they are back in the states as they totally destroyed!!! Also want to thanks Chiaki Hinohara who was CM's interpreter for the weekend and a very cool cat, thank you for helping us out!

Rocket Scientist I knew very little before going in but was pleasantly surprised by their great performance. Mr Erik Norlander was a true gentleman and very cool cat as were all the guys from Rocket Scientists. It was a great pleasure to meet Lana Lane and her beautiful voice as well, great show…

Enchant. What can I say, true professionals and great musicians. I feel that was the best out of the three performances we have done together and I truly hope to see these guys get some invites to other festivals as they put on a top notch show!!! Thanks to Doug for being very gracious and adaptable to funky situation as well. Thank you! Doug, Ed, Bill Sean & Ted.

Jeff Scott Soto, what else can I say, great performance from a great front man. Seeing Dave Meniketti and Phil Kennemore from Y&T tear it up on out stage was a true awesomeness. Also a big hats of to Eric Martin for coming down and rocking it out for us all!!!! A great solid night of kick ass Rock & Prog!!!

On to Saturday. We all knew going in this would be a special night. Starting off with my personal pick and choice for the festival, Darkwater. David was very happy to oblige me in bringing them over from Sweden. Just want to send massive kudos to the guys Markus, Henrik, Tobias, Magnus and Karl. What a kick ass way to start off Saturday night. Darkwater plays with a ton of passion and totally kicked off the evening with a very powerful set!!

Sun Caged…Well having known Marcel online for many years and being a huge fan of his former band Lemur Voice, I knew what kind of guitar hero was among us and he definitely showed his awesome skill set and blistering rhythms and leads with a very awesome performance. The whole band was dead on, tight and very powerful. The highlight of the entire fest for me was the Lemur Voice song Intuition that they play flawlessly and actually I think that Paul Adrian Villareal might have been channeling Gregoor Van Der Loo that night, because it was an AMAZING vocal performance as well. Massive kudos to Sun Caged.

On to our great friends in Zero Hour. They were spot on again as usual. A very powerful and tight set showcasing the bands new album The Dark Deceiver…It was really great to hear some new badass riffage coming out of them, some of the new songs really blew me away…Many thanks to the band for being the coolest cats on the planet!!!

Liquid Tension Experiment!! What do I need to say? I mean if you know who they are and know what these guys can do, they did it and then some. I made a few comments on how my brain was melted about halfway through their set, its true. They are maniacs!! It was really an honor working with them still, they are the best of the best…

So that is a wrap of sorts, I am a fan first and foremost so I am biased as well, forgive me…I really cannot wait to start working on Bay Area Rock Fest III

Cheers

Bear

Thank you for your wrap up Bear! You speak the truth and we're all thankful!
:kickass::headbang:

Thank you for writing this Bear. I couldn't have said it any better. You are a true friend and great business partner. I'm glad to have met you at ProgPower as well as the local shows.
Dave and I really appreciate everything that you have done to contribute to this event that will continue to grow larger than life each year.
All the teamwork in getting the things we needed done before the fest was largely due to your tenacious and proactive mentality.
LET'S GET ER DONE!!!
Now let's go to ProgPower this year and wear our BARFest 2 shirts proudly.
CHEERS!:kickass:

E

Cheers

Bear

Thank you!

The whole event was superb, I enjoyed all the bands. Thank you again for putting it together.

Here are a few pics I took:
BAR-00066.jpg

BAR-00021.jpg

BAR-00036.jpg

BAR-00155.jpg