The quick wrap-up

BARfest

Sep 9, 2003
Visit site
All

This is the final communication that I am putting out for the fest-- it will go on the website shortly-- I need to go back to my regular life for a while, but am still working on some ideas for the festival for next year, plus some other ideas similar to the Enchant/Redemption/Zero Hour/Timeline show that we did in March...

I once again thank all of you for making all of this happen for me- I encourage everyone to use this forum for ALL Bay Area events and progressive metal discussion. If you go to shows in the Bay Area, please post your reviews/thoughts here.. I am not going to be able to attend as many shows for the next few months due to my travel schedule, but I want to keep in touch with the scene as much as possible!!

The first annual Bay Area Rock Fest is complete!-- Over 300 people attended the inaugural progressive rock and metal festival at the Independent in San Francisco featuring Jon Oliva's Pain, Crimson Glory, Spocks Beard, Enchant, Balance of Power, Mob Rules, Zero Hour, Timeline and Odins Court.. There were many magical moments- from the guest appearances of DC Cooper with Spocks Beard and Eyefear to the all-star closing anthem of Savatage classic "Hall of the Mountain King" with Metal Church frontman Ronny Munroe singing with Jon Oliva and Wade Black from Crimson Glory chiming in on the refrains.

Over $1000 was raised for Guitars not Guns, a charity that brings guitar lessons to at-risk youth around the US. An autographed guitar signed by all the participants of the festival was awarded to Wendy Simmons, the CEO of another non-profit program called Rock School out of Washington!

T-shirts from the festival are still available- for orders, please send an Email to tshirts@bayarearockfest.com. Only L, XL and 2XL sizes are available currently.

Front Pocket
barFEST1.gif

Back
barfestback.gif

Bay Area Rock Promotions will announce the details for the 2nd annual Bay Area Rock Fest in the late fall, and will continue to bring the best of progressive rock and metal from local, national and international bands to the San Francisco Bay Area with the annual festival and periodic shows. Interested bands should send a press kit and information to bands@bayarearockfest.com.