Thanks Bioware for...

This thread is annoying. Everytime I see the topic title I hear someone saying inside my head: "Thanks Bioware for pimping my ride!"

Bioware has made some incredible games--DA, KOTOR, and others that involve initials. They currently have the new star wars game in production and I am waiting very impatiently for that

I'm just wondering. Has it bothered anyone else that every Bioware RPG has had the same formula since NWN? I mean in terms of how the game is structured. Jade Empire, KOTOR 1, 2, Mass Effect 1, 2, Dragon Age etc. all have the same exact flow of progression. Start in a closed off linear area to get acquainted with the game. Move out into the 'world' on your vehicle/wagon/whatever, gather your party from a handful of locales that have their own turmoils. After you complete these quests in an order of your choosing the game converges back to the ultimate final plot area where you run through some epic gauntlet or other (castle, sith academy etc.) and then slay the big baddie?

It's a bit like how some people mix.

gather your party from a handful of locales that have their own turmoils. After you complete these quests in an order of your choosing the game converges back to the ultimate final plot area where you run through some epic gauntlet or other (castle, sith academy etc.) and then slay the big baddie?

Dude, this has been the formula of RPGs and fantasy in general for ages. They don´t even hide it. And that´s how amazing Mass Effect 2 is. They get the formula BY THE BOOK and perfectly nails every element of it.

I'm just wondering. Has it bothered anyone else that every Bioware RPG has had the same formula since NWN? I mean in terms of how the game is structured. Jade Empire, KOTOR 1, 2, Mass Effect 1, 2, Dragon Age etc. all have the same exact flow of progression. Start in a closed off linear area to get acquainted with the game. Move out into the 'world' on your vehicle/wagon/whatever, gather your party from a handful of locales that have their own turmoils. After you complete these quests in an order of your choosing the game converges back to the ultimate final plot area where you run through some epic gauntlet or other (castle, sith academy etc.) and then slay the big baddie?

almost every rpg game is about that, both played live with friends or on a pc.

still more interactions than any other genre:
racing: drive in a car, wow!
shooting: shoot!
GTA-style: drive around and shoot!
strategy: build an army --> crush!
jump n run: jump and run!

Dragon Age is okay, but I really don't think it's even close to being on the same level as Mass Effect 2 (or the original for that matter).