20 days to Mass Effect 2

narcossintese

Nov 4, 2008
Brazil
www.myspace.com
It´s coming out 01/26
Damn, I´m thrilled. This has to be one of the best games ever made. Have you guys watched the trailers and teasers? I haven´t been that pumped for a game since GTA III. The plot and characters on this one seems even better and more epic than the first. Subject Zero looks fuckin badass, like a really mean Tank Girl.

I've played the original like 4 times through, but the most recent was summer '08 - looks like I'll have to cram in an emergency session! :D

You dudes think I can get away with buying this one without playing the other? I don't really care too much about story lines, but if it's gonna hinder me from successfully beating the new one, then boo-urns.

-Joe

Dude, you DON'T play a game like Mass Effect unless you care about story lines, trust me on that :D (both because it's blasphemous, and because the story and setting are what makes the incomprehensible amount of dialog riveting instead of endless, and it can still be a bit endless at times :lol: ) But yes, DEFINITELY play the first, well, first, thank me later! (and make sure to buy the downloadable mission "Bringing Down the Sky", really top-quality - apparently the second DLC reeks of fetid nutsacks though :erk: )

Dude, you DON'T play a game like Mass Effect unless you care about story lines, trust me on that :D (both because it's blasphemous, and because the story and setting are what makes the incomprehensible amount of dialog riveting instead of endless, and it can still be a bit endless at times :lol: ) But yes, DEFINITELY play the first, well, first, thank me later! (and make sure to buy the downloadable mission "Bringing Down the Sky", really top-quality - apparently the second DLC reeks of fetid nutsacks though :erk: )

Damn you Marcus, I knew you would say that hahaha. I'm not huge into RPGs and the like, but this new one looks superawesometime!

-Joe

You dudes think I can get away with buying this one without playing the other? I don't really care too much about story lines, but if it's gonna hinder me from successfully beating the new one, then boo-urns.

-Joe

Hmn, I guess so. They´ve said that, for the first time on a videogame sequel, you'll be able to load your previous game and continue developing your character, and the game is also going to react based on things you´ve done in the first one. The story is also pretty complex.

Actually if you don´t care much about storylines you probably won´t like Mass Effect. It´s all about an immersive universe, epic story and characater/relationship development. The gameplay and action sequences are far from perfect (at least on the first game) but still is a thousand times more fun than traditional RPGs like Final Fantasy or Dragon Age. I wish they could make the gameplay closer to Borderlands (Call Of Duty control scheme but with some magic)

Hmn, I guess so. They´ve said that, for the first time on a videogame sequel, you'll be able to load your previous game and continue developing your character, and the game is also going to react based on things you´ve done in the first one. The story is also pretty complex.

Actually if you don´t care much about storylines you probably won´t like Mass Effect. It´s all about an immersive universe, epic story and characater/relationship development. The gameplay and action sequences are far from perfect (at least on the first game) but still is a thousand times more fun than traditional RPGs like Final Fantasy or Dragon Age. I wish they could make the gameplay closer to Borderlands (Call Of Duty control scheme but with some magic)

Well, I'd be willing to give the first a chance...since it is so cheap. I just use to lose patience with games like Final Fantasy, but if Mass Effect is more direct (i.e. not pressing three different buttons to hit the damn enemy lol), then I'm willing to give it a shot.

I like simple games, but would be willing to give some more complex stuff a chance. I don't want to miss out!

-Joe

Get it, Joe :) Mass Effect 1 & 2 will be a experience far beyond watching movies in a sense of entertainment. Pure Atmosphere and you are a part of it. Playing this game let me think..."wow I´m thankful, that I´m born in 1981 on not 1941" Haha that´s pretty lucky, when you think about it :lol:

Dude, Mass Effect is COMPLETELY different from JRPG's (e.g. Final Fantasy), trust me on that! Its gameplay can best be described as a third-person shooter, with the RPG angle coming from your ability to pause combat by holding down either the left bumper to have you or your squad use certain special abilities (not as complicated as it sounds, trust me :lol: And you can even set it to automatic, but that's boring and lame IMO :loco: ) or the right bumper to change which weapon you/your squad is using. Besides that, in combat you just shoot shit as normal! :D

Btw I ordered Bioware´s "Dragon Origins" to shorten waiting time til I get ME2. Someone of you guys know/played it yet? I hope I´ll get it tomorrow.

Yep. Finished it. Bought just because it was from BioWare but it was a big disapointment. I enjoy the serious/dark tone and the story is ok, although 100% Lord Of The Rings medieval cliche. You know, like "unite all the races/kingdoms against a greater evil".

There are some great "grey moral choices" to spicy things up but it doesn´t help the fact that the combat is LAME (think Neverwinter Nights). Your party has 4 characters who are incredibly dumb (if you don´t keep switching characters in the middle of the combat to make them use health items they will keep dying).

This game suffers from the biggest BioWare problem: equipment/loot. Seriously, these guys have some kind of mental problem to think that it´s fun to equip/choose/compare/buy/sell so many slots of equipment. These are the ones that I can remember right now (I´m pretty sure it has more): left hand weapon, right hand weapon, shield, left ring, right ring, boots, armor, elm, gloves, necklace. All this shit for 4 characters at the same time, not to mention those that you´re not using on your party and the possibility to add poison to the weapons. You can adjust the characters to level up automatically without you have to choose the stats and powers to boost, but you can´t make them automatically equip themselves.

Maybe the PC version of Dragon Age worth a shot if you´re into this type of game, as it´s all about clicking on enemies and watch.

ps: if you think that lesbian interplanetary sex on Mass Effect was twisted, on Dragon Age you can pay to fuck interracial trannys.

Yep. Finished it. Bought just because it was from BioWare but it was a big disapointment. I enjoy the serious/dark tone and the story is ok, although 100% Lord Of The Rings medieval cliche. You know, like "unite all the races/kingdoms against a greater evil".

There are some great "grey moral choices" to spicy things up but it doesn´t help the fact that the combat is LAME (think Neverwinter Nights). Your party has 4 characters who are incredibly dumb (if you don´t keep switching characters in the middle of the combat to make them use health items they will keep dying).

This game suffers from the biggest BioWare problem: equipment/loot. Seriously, these guys have some kind of mental problem to think that it´s fun to equip/choose/compare/buy/sell so many slots of equipment. These are the ones that I can remember right now (I´m pretty sure it has more): left hand weapon, right hand weapon, shield, left ring, right ring, boots, armor, elm, gloves, necklace. All this shit for 4 characters at the same time, not to mention those that you´re not using on your party and the possibility to add poison to the weapons. You can adjust the characters to level up automatically without you have to choose the stats and powers to boost, but you can´t make them automatically equip themselves.

Maybe the PC version of Dragon Age worth a shot if you´re into this type of game, as it´s all about clicking on enemies and watch.

ps: if you think that lesbian interplanetary sex on Mass Effect was twisted, on Dragon Age you can pay to fuck interracial trannys.

Holy shit, really that bad?? I checked some reviews and movies about it and..okay PC version is much better, but the story and motivation should be amazing. After bombing off my brain with MW2 I really need some relaxing stuff with a nice story. Bioware always stands for quality, I will give it a try for sure.

What??! :zombie:

Best Buy didn't have the original Mass Effect, those bastards! It is pretty old I suppose. I did pick up Fallout 3 though! Way different of a game than I'm used to!

-Joe

Best Buy didn't have the original Mass Effect, those bastards! It is pretty old I suppose. I did pick up Fallout 3 though! Way different of a game than I'm used to!

-Joe

Very good choice, Joe :kickass: Tell me what you think about it then. Nevertheless I recommend to get Mass Effect 1 & 2 at some time (You could check Amazon secondhanded games then) With Fallout3 you will spend a lot of time though. I know people, who play more then 100 hours :)

Very good choice, Joe :kickass: Tell me what you think about it then. Nevertheless I recommend to get Mass Effect 1 & 2 at some time (You could check Amazon secondhanded games then) With Fallout3 you will spend a lot of time though. I know people, who play more then 100 hours :)

Yeah, I am definitely going to order Mass Effect from Amazon.

I can see myself spending a lot of time on Fallout. It moves a bit slow for me so far! Lots of exploring and talking, hahaha.

-Joe

Important tip, Joe..use the slow motion aiming to mutilate the enemys. This is not only a nice splatter fest, it is tactically recommended. I did not shoot one single shot in real time, as I played it. Exploring and talking is pretty normal in those games. Enjoy the story, drink a coffee and dive in :) I made the mistake, that I hunted behind the main story line like a possessed bastard, but it´s much better to let you amble and also do the sidequests.

Important tip, Joe..use the slow motion aiming to mutilate the enemys. This is not only a nice splatter fest, it is tactically recommended. I did not shoot one single shot in real time, as I played it. Exploring and talking is pretty normal in those games. Enjoy the story, drink a coffee and dive in :) I made the mistake, that I hunted behind the main story line like a possessed bastard, but it´s much better to let you amble and also do the sidequests.

Thanks for the tip! I'm still getting used to it for sure. Way more in depth than something like MW2 which is just shoot shoot shoot, haha.

-Joe

Thanks for the tip! I'm still getting used to it for sure. Way more in depth than something like MW2 which is just shoot shoot shoot, haha.

-Joe

Absolutely! This is like a very good book or an epic movie. The STORY drives me on. When you have some problems to go on, it´s no sin to get some informations/guides out of the web. For example there is a place, where you can find a dog as a true companion, who´ll never leave your site. I didn´t find the place, so I used a walkthrough guide to find him. Sometimes you need this for complex games like this.